Help! BH Neo emotion error code 05 with new display

SW944

Just Joined
Aug 23, 2022
I have a Neo Extrem emotion bike and recently broke the lcd display (part No. LCD 20151123177). I managed to source a new one from a company in France (P/N: LCD 20210506142) - it was impossible to find spares in th UK. However when re-connected, the display shows error code 05 and warning ⚠ sign flashes when load is applied to the pedals. If the load is removed, the display reverts to normal. When the front brake is applied the same warning ⚠ sign flashes on and disappears when the brake is released. The controller model is BH-Neo-W3620A and serial No(?) is , 02 130617358. Rear motor No’s are 1306BH0158(E) & M155RD3612. The bike worked fine with the old display before brakeage. With error code 05, the motor does not run and I have read what I can find online: for this model error 05 seems to suggest a brake interface issue which given the brake lever sets off a warning seems a reasonable assumption. I've troubleshooted as in the notes, eg. check brake levers, check connections (all ok), motor sensor (not checked but considered unlikely as worked before), and am tending towards a firmware issue between the display and the controller, perhaps UK spec vs Euro spec? I hope someone can throw some light on what may be the cause. I also contacted BH Spain direct, but they just refer me back to old dealers!!

If there's no fix, there's a bunch of bike parts for sale! Cheers

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
BH have always been quite poor regarding repairs, EPJ of old had issues with his first bike a BH and in the end got rid because of bad CS and poor reliability.

Try disconnecting the brake wiring and see if the issue still remaians.

SW944

Just Joined
Aug 23, 2022
BH have always been quite poor regarding repairs, EPJ of old had issues with his first bike a BH and in the end got rid because of bad CS and poor reliability.

Try disconnecting the brake wiring and see if the issue still remaians.
Tried that several times - warning sign disappears, but error 05 still pops up when load applied to pedal.