Woosh Big bear, high mileage?

Cad205

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 4, 2021
Uk
Hi all, I have been looking for an ebike for the wife. I have the chance of a Woosh big bear but it has 5000+ miles on the computer with front wheel drive. Is this a high mileage, should I be looking elsewhere? What are the things to watch out for with this sort of mileage from an 8 year old bike?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
The electrics are likely to be good unless they've been abused in any way. I think lots of people have done much higher mileages than that without problem.

The battery will probably need replacing soonish unless it has already been replaced. Woosh website says Price including VAT: £349 (including p&p), but that may well be out of date, or not available right now. If you don't mind a loss of range compared to as new you may well get another couple of years out of the battery.

Reactions: Cad205

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
5K is about nicely run in, the important thing to check is the cable entry in to the hub axle is not damaged. I have a Bafang CST hub it is well past 8.5k, the only real issue with them is bearing noise or rumble. Maintenance wise they are easy to repair and look after.

Reactions: Cad205

Cad205

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 4, 2021
Uk
Hi all, I have been looking for an ebike for the wife. I have the chance of a Woosh big bear but it has 5000+ miles on the computer with front wheel drive. Is this a high mileage, should I be looking elsewhere? What are the things to watch out for with this sort of mileage from an 8 year old bike?
Just a quick update, bought the bike. I checked all the points you mentioned and it looked good. Wife's been out on it after a few adjustments and loves it! Thanks guys

Reactions: sjpt