Bike computers

Ninelives

Pedelecer
Oct 17, 2008
Ninelives, thats good to hear....i'm looking forward to purchasing it and seeing the performance. I have a wireless cateye cycle computer which works great when ive used it during the summer. However, i have noticed it tends to stop working in the winter....dont know why but its a bit annoying.
Hi, I must apologise, I just checked my Cycle computer, I thought I had bought from Lidl, turns out it was an Aldi one that I own.
The battery may have lasted as long as it has due to the computer part having a built in solar panel assisting the battery in daylight.

But I will be buying a couple more from Lidl this week as the price is right :)

Rod Tibbs

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2008
Lidl computer

I nipped over to Lidl this morning and got my bike computer for the handsome sum of £3.99. It was very easy fit and worked straight out of the box.

I think I have now worked out how you move from one reading to another and how to zero the readings when setting out on a new trip. The box claims back lighting but I can't see any way of switching it on.

Actually working the various functions is obviously going to take a bit of time but you can get the basics up and running pretty quickly. Looks great value for money if it continues to work!

Rod

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I have just been messing around with one of the Lidl computers purchased this morning. Quite nice and very good value at £3.90. One little point, when it goes to sleep, it does not wake up again when you start cycling. Being a forgetful sort, I know I am going to set off without pushing the button to wake it up, thus not recording all of my mileage.

To switch on the back light, press and hold the right button for 2 secs.

Rod Tibbs

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2008
Thanks for the back lighting info Tilson. I am a bit baffled by the memory cache thing they talk about. Sometimes I think I must have it on by mistake because the right hand button does not always do what it is supposed to do.

I haven't yet been able to switch the thermometer reading from F to C even though the instruction say it is done by simply pressing the right hand button. Have tried a quick press and then a longer press but it does not change as yet.

Did a quick run down the road and back and at least speed, distance etc seem to be up and running. Excellent value for the money though.

Rod