Bike For 5ft Tall Freind

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi all - I'm an electric bike owner, previously a Kalkhoff, now a Brompton electric bought because I really do need that unique fold for public tranport carriage into London, making the price worth every penny. I've had the Brompton a couple pf years and am now a bit out of touch with the market.

I have a woman friend who is petite at about 5ft tall. She hasn't been well and wants an electric bike for shopping and leisure use. I've said she'd need to pay around £1500 to get something well made and efficient. She won't be wanting anything sporty, probably a sit up and beg bike. So many electric bikes seem to be aimed at large males, I'm wondering if anyone on here has any suggestions to narrow the field for someone smaller. Ideally it wouldn't be too heavy but that's a hard ask, I now.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Lucylettuce

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 9, 2020
I've been looking at Dutch type bikes under £1300 . Have a look at wisper 705 24inch wheel version, juicy have a couple suitable for smaller riders. They're around the 24 kgs mark, but you'd need to pay more to get a lighter bike. Kudos has a 24 inch bike, think it's called Sprint,which is lighter. Ezego do a ladies commuter bike in a 15" frame. Sadly there's very little stock available anywhere, but should improve by September. She might be better waiting six months. Probably several others I've not found or forgotten. I haven't been able to try any of them, so can't comment on how they ride.

Reactions: AlbaSilver