Bike Forks?

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
Don't worry, I really love the BH and it never fails to put a smile on my face when I ride it. Sadly it has just been the poor back up service that tarnished what should have been an easy to resolve issue. Still it's thankfully sorted now.
The problem with my forks could even possibly be unique to the Xtrem. I'm only saying that as I have seen two other Xtrem's in the last week that had both had a change of front fork. Hopefully your front works will continue to provide many more years of good service. :)

I spotted from another comment somewhere else that you questioned how I perhaps looked after the bike and also the use that it gets. Yes it does get muddy, but that is what it was designed for.

Yesterday.

And today. Hardly a badly maintained bike, and this is how it looks shortly after every ride.

Point taken :) Wow! You do get into the muck. I'm not that hardcore. It will be interesting to see how the new forks fare. Keep us posted.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Actually it was probably a fair comment to have made. :)

A month or so ago I stopped to talk to guy who had a decent quality down hill bike that he was just taking out of his van to use at a local down hill track.
It was a right mess, and looked as filthy as mine did before cleaning it. Even the chain was still caked in dry mud from it's last use, and I stood there in a kind of disbelief that someone could spend mega bucks (if it wasn't nicked) on a bike and then let it look like that. I also couldn't believe that he was going to go down a course with jumps etc on it in that state. How can anyone possibly know what condition that a bike is in mechanically when it's left like that. My life is worth too much to me to want to take that kind of risk.

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Actually it was probably a fair comment to have made. :)

A month or so ago I stopped to talk to guy who had a decent quality down hill bike that he was just taking out of his van to use at a local down hill track.
It was a right mess, and looked as filthy as mine did before cleaning it. Even the chain was still caked in dry mud from it's last use, and I stood there in a kind of disbelief that someone could spend mega bucks (if it wasn't nicked) on a bike and then let it look like that. I also couldn't believe that he was going to go down a course with jumps etc on it in that state. How can anyone possibly know what condition that a bike is in mechanically when it's left like that. My life is worth too much to me to want to take that kind of risk.
I don't clean my bikes much and it's just feel. I could inspect the bike visually but 30s on the bike and I will feel if something is wrong. Also some people have far too much money so why clean it when you can just buy another ect

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
The Rockshox are finally fitted. :)

The dealer agreed to fit the Rockshox in place of the Suntours which is just as well, as when I took the Suntour forks out of the box here at home this evening, they were V brake only with no disc mount. From my point of view, that's another nail banged firmly into the lid of BH UK's coffin. They truly are the most inefficient and incompetent company going.

Last edited:

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
The Rockshox are finally fitted. :)

The dealer agreed to fit the forks in place of the Suntours which is just as well, as when I took the Suntour forks out of the box here at home this evening, they were V brake only with no disc mount. From my point of view, that's another nail very banged firmly into the lid of BH UK's coffin. They truly are the most inefficient and incompetent company going.

Shocking.......pardon the pun. I mean really? Did you by any chance contact BH directly in Spain to complain or get satisfaction? Might be worth a shot.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Shocking.......pardon the pun. I mean really? Did you by any chance contact BH directly in Spain to complain or get satisfaction? Might be worth a shot.
The shortened version. :)

The story started with the dealer, then Maxtrax, then BH UK who did not respond, then BH Spain who did not respond, then a very terse comment posted by me on BH Uk's Facebook page and every country that I could find, then finally direct contact by BH Uk, who then followed it up by saying that BH Spain and Suntour wearn't responding. BH UK then months ago ordered the replacement forks via Greyville who are a UK Suntour agent, and here we are many many months later with forks that I have paid for and a worthless replacement pair from BH.

I'm just glad that I had the sense to deal with this myself and buy Rockshox.

BH UK and Spain are truly a shower of s**t

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

They look nice on your bike. They're much better than the white ones that look like they've been nicked from another bike.

Something very funny going on with those Suntours. I bet they didn't come through the BH Emotion spares system. Do they use them on another bike? I thought all their forks with rim brakes bend forward at the bottom, or is that the type you got?

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
That's really poor. By the sounds of it they just sourced the cheapest junk they could, keeping going at them and if they fail to source a replacement hand them the bill for the roxs.