Bike freewheeling in both directions ????

Damian.Doherty

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2017
Derry, Ireland
Hi All,

I’ve been commuting every day on my Woosh Rio MTB and it has been faultless…..until this morning. I got halfway to work and then I went to move off at a junction and the pedals wouldn’t turn the back wheel. At first I thought the chain had come off but it hadn’t, luckily the battery had plenty of charge and it was mostly downhill so work so I still made it in.

I was wondering if any of you could help me diagnose and fix the issue, it feels like it’s freewheeling in both directions? A quick visual inspection shows nothing obvious nor are there any funny or unusual noises?

Any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated…..or else I’ll be walking to walk tomorrow!

FYI, I'm in work now but won't be able to get stuck into this until I'm home at about 6pm tonight.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Damian,

It seems to me that the freewheel has slipped.
please contact support@wooshbikes.co.uk to get it sorted.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It was misty last night then sub-zero this morning. Freewheels and cables can freeze in these conditions.

Damian.Doherty

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2017
Derry, Ireland
It was fine for the first mile of the journey this morning, then with no warning it just stopped turning the back wheel, it was exactly the sensation when you've bumped off a kerb and your chain comes off and you got to pedal and there is zero resistance!

Damian.Doherty

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2017
Derry, Ireland
First class customer service from Woosh Bikes as always, I emailed Andy this morning asking for help and he replied with a very detailed description of what I need to fix it and how to go about with pics within an hour!

New freewheel now in the post!

Reactions: mike killay

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
First class customer service from Woosh Bikes as always, I emailed Andy this morning asking for help and he replied with a very detailed description of what I need to fix it and how to go about with pics within an hour!

New freewheel now in the post!
I find Woosh to be a fabulous firm and their bikes excellent.

Damian.Doherty

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2017
Derry, Ireland
Called Woosh Bikes yesterday at about 10.30am and ordered the part I needed over the phone, it was on my desk at 9.00am this morning!

I know I sound like a broken record but the customer service from Woosh really is faultless! :)WhatsApp Image 2019-11-20 at 10.30.22.jpeg

Reactions: KirstinS

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
This is typical of Woosh, next day promise is quite normal. Tis why the company is recommended so often.

Reactions: Damian.Doherty