Bike gadgets

Peter Ball

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2015
Morning all,

I'm looking to get SWMBO some sort of distance, route tracking, route planning, and maybe fitness gadget for her lecky bike for Xmas. Me being a bit of an old nupmty where technology is concerned thought I'd ask the experts on here for some advice. ;)

Got maybe up to £200 at a push to spend.

Thanks for any help.

Old Fart At Play

Pedelecer
Jun 11, 2020
With a budget of £200 I'd be inclined to use a free app on the phone for distance and route tracking (eg Osmand+), a free website for route planning (eg plotaroute.com), and spend the money on a nice fitness tracker, like a galaxy watch.

There may be gadgets that do the whole range of things you want, but as it is easy to spend over £200 on a planning/tracking device and over £200 on a fitness device, I'm guessing that any device that combined those features for under £200 would be a bit basic.

Cheers, John

RetiredAndRolling

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2019
RG24
How about 1) a handlebar mount for a mobile phone 2) Komoot planning and tracking app for mobile phone 3) Trekz bone conducting headphones to hear the guidance in addition to seeing it on the phone display. This is how I get about, never get lost and enjoy seeing the stats about where I’ve been. I’d be chuffed to have this as a present. Good luck with your quest.