Bike Insurance

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Barclays stand alone - includes liability
£16.50 with £50 excess on £1000 e bike. Covers all bikes up to the value of most expensive

I think Ill give them a phone this week, I've been meaning to get around to this insurance thing.

Coilavana

Just Joined
Aug 26, 2021
I don't get how there are people who're buying expensive bikes without even thinking about getting insurance. That's insane to me. You can literally buy bicycle insurance from everywhere, without having to worry that much. It's not cheap if you want a good one, but you'll have no issues at all. Let's say that you're going off-road at one point and your bike simply breaks. Your break clippers aren't working anymore and the cost of those it's a couple of hundred bucks. It would be way easier to have insurance and this issue will be gone.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
problem is when bikes start to go over 5k not many will insure them as last quote i got years ago for a 6k bike fully insured was £45 a month.

and to replace what i have for new imo would be about 8k id need to insure it for.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
Let's say that you're going off-road at one point and your bike simply breaks. Your break clippers aren't working anymore and the cost of those it's a couple of hundred bucks. It would be way easier to have insurance and this issue will be gone.
Is there bike insurance that covers the costs of repairing or replacements for normal faults or breakdowns ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
haibike £8000
Standard Cover
  • Theft & Accidental Damage
  • Legal Expenses £100,000
  • Cycle Box Cover £500
  • Excess
  • Accessories Cover £100
  • Replacement Cycle Hire £500
  • Helmets & Clothing £100
  • Geographical Limits UK & 45 days Europe
  • No Claims Bonus 0 Year(s)
Optional Extras
  • Public Liability £1 Million
  • Personal Accident £50,000
  • Get You Home Costs
  • Competition Use (Inc. Race Fee Cover)
  • Family Use
£54.22 Monthly https://cycles.assetsure.com/

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Depending on the brand the frame will have 3 -5 years min warranty for defects (and frame braking is not good for a brand) some give 10 years/lifetime warranty.
My self never yet ever insured any type of bike.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Depending on the brand the frame will have 3 -5 years min warranty for defects (and frame braking is not good for a brand) some give 10 years/lifetime warranty.
My self never yet ever insured any type of bike.
most bike manufactures will void the warranty if it is used for racing in events esp mtb down hill registered ones if you read all the small print even on normal mtb frames.

KILLERDOG

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2021
Any one got advice for bike insurance for a bike thats been converted from being a normal bike? Thx

Canarello

Just Joined
Mar 21, 2024
It's awesome that you're gearing up for some exciting cycling adventures! With bikes as valuable as yours, it's definitely a good idea to look into insurance. Since you're using them for leisure and planning trips, a comprehensive policy might be a good fit, considering factors like theft and damage during transport. Maybe check out insurers that specialize in cycling coverage for peace of mind on your Yorkshire holiday!

Ray Winder

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
North Yorks
Seems this is quite an old thread here,.
Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good value insurer in 2024 ?
Plenty out there but as with all insurance it seems variable on price and reliability.

geoff967

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2019
Seems this is quite an old thread here,.
Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good value insurer in 2024 ?
Plenty out there but as with all insurance it seems variable on price and reliability.
Barclays are still good.
Start with home insurance on quote .add bike and then remove home.
Defaults to about 8 per month dependent on value of bike

Canarello

Just Joined
Mar 21, 2024
It's awesome that you're gearing up for some exciting cycling adventures! With bikes as valuable as yours, it's definitely a good idea to look into insurance. Since you're using them for leisure and planning trips, a comprehensive policy might be a good fit, considering factors like theft and damage during transport. Maybe check out insurers that specialize in cycling coverage for peace of mind on your Yorkshire holiday!
When I was in a similar boat, I found peace of mind with insurance from https://www.insurancecloud.co.uk/services/multi-bike/. They offer tailored coverage for multiple bikes, perfect for you and your wife's setups. Last summer, I took my e-bike on a cycling trip, and knowing it was protected allowed me to fully enjoy the ride without worrying about the what-ifs.