bike laws

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
One in pound first offence pound won't release it with insurance can't get insurance cause not registered. Vin insurance won't allow release
Did this happen in th UK? Your bike was impounded after a first offence?

robert1976

Pedelecer
Aug 18, 2015
Did this happen in th UK? Your bike was impounded after a first offence?
Yes. Uk met police. Not my bike but someone else's. I ment they won't release it with it having insurance. Which only insurance we can get is Vin insurance (vin insurance allows you to take it to from test centre so £195 by time book test and buy insurance) but that's not good enough to get it released from pound.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Yes. Uk met police. Not my bike but someone else's. I ment they won't release it with it having insurance. Which only insurance we can get is Vin insurance (vin insurance allows you to take it to from test centre so £195 by time book test and buy insurance) but that's not good enough to get it released from pound.
Throttle, power, other? What did the MET find offensive about the bike? Will it end up going to a Police auction? Gutting, if much has been spent on the bike of course. Are there any fines or charges for the rider?

robert1976

Pedelecer
Aug 18, 2015
Throttle, power, other? What did the MET find offensive about the bike? Will it end up going to a Police auction? Gutting, if much has been spent on the bike of course. Are there any fines or charges for the rider?
No license and riding uninsured. Probably would have got away with it if had pedals fitted.
Police have dropped all chargers.
Might be a way to get it back via auction but there Web site does say will be destroyed.
Milage only just in double figures it's basically brand new.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Might be a way to get it back via auction but there Web site does say will be destroyed.
@soundwave 's mate eventually got his illegal bike back after a crash.

Milage only just in double figures it's basically brand new.
That's quick off the mark, for cops.

Probably would have got away with it if had pedals fitted.
I have noticed police in cars staring at my pedals, when passing in the opposite direction, looking like they might be thinking "Oh that's ok, he's pedalling." I always pedal a bit the moment I see cops, just in case.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my m8s bike was a hub motor but it had peddles and plod never had the batt so as it was it was not usable anyway as the frame was cracked.

if it has no peddles then there is no way to make it move under ur own power so unless it was taxed and insured it will be crushed as cant sell it or wont like hydroponics stuff ect.

id try and get some legal advice on if there is anyway to get it back but i doubt it as clamping down on these sorts of bikes now.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
While walking, I spotted a speeding ebike funster barrelling towards me going about 30mph on a path last night - I would have spotted him sooner, but this azole didn't have any lights. I could hear him muttering as he sped past, possibly complaining about someone else using the path. No lights. None. He was too fast for me to see what his bike was, too dark. Black bike, he was dressed like a rinja.

BikeMike

Just Joined
Jan 23, 2023
my m8s bike was a hub motor but it had peddles and plod never had the batt so as it was it was not usable anyway as the frame was cracked.

if it has no peddles then there is no way to make it move under ur own power so unless it was taxed and insured it will be crushed as cant sell it or wont like hydroponics stuff ect.

id try and get some legal advice on if there is anyway to get it back but i doubt it as clamping down on these sorts of bikes now.
It's important to understand the laws and regulations surrounding bike theft and how to navigate the legal system in these cases. Overall, it's a complex issue that requires a multifaceted approach, and seeking out legal advice and reading up on the topic through resources like http://essaypapers.reviews/ can help to gain a better understanding of the issue and possible solutions. Additionally, it's essential to advocate for stricter laws and enforcement to combat bike theft and ensure justice for those who have had their property stolen.
It may have already been crushed or disposed of :(
While walking, I spotted a speeding ebike funster barrelling towards me going about 30mph on a path last night - I would have spotted him sooner, but this azole didn't have any lights. I could hear him muttering as he sped past, possibly complaining about someone else using the path. No lights. None. He was too fast for me to see what his bike was, too dark. Black bike, he was dressed like a rinja.
Also faced similar. A guy hit my friend on an Escooter in Prague, and she escaped with a bruised rib.