Bike Locks....

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
That's what I opted for parking in London, excellent lock but heavy enough to break panniers it was in or frames it was resting on.

mike tatt

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2016
Worsthorne, Lancashire
Hi

Has anyone any thoughts on the Security nuts and bolts from companies like Pinheads or Atomic22
Replacing the main fixings with security keyed versions. Not exactly a cheap - but if they work would make keeping hold of the bike parts much easier.

Are these worth the money?

I'm considering an Abus Granit X Plus 540
or the Kryptonite as the main fastenng lock.
Both seem well respected - the prices are similar - will probably go for the Abus given that it's a tad lighter

But like the idea of everything else being firmly secured to the bike.

Cheers

Mike

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I don't have much of value that is attached with an Allen key. Magura front brake is Torx. Rack is chained. Kriptonite with cable on the way for front wheel and seat. Mudguards???

Angelnorth

Pedelecer
May 13, 2016
Hexham, Northumberland
I found another advantage to the Litelok - I can mount it on the frame of my bike without losing any of the step-through advantage (a D lock on the down tube just blocks the gap). I did need an extra velcro strap as the oversize tubing is just a wee bit too fat for the supplied straps to have enough of an overlap to feel really secure on that bit.

There seems to be a bit of a knack to getting the thing unlocked but once I'd got the hang of it I've so far been quite pleased with it. I hope it never gets put to the test but I have no reason to doubt its credentials.

Attachments

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
that will not stop anyone with power tools if anything its even weaker and what if they cut the barrel of the lock lol.

even if you get one of these they could still cut through it.
http://www.bonanzamarket.co.uk/listings/Heavy-Duty-Motorcycle-Chain-High-Security-Atv-Motorbike-180mm-L-12MM-D-/383266199?goog_pla=1&gpid=18283950120&keyword=&goog_pla=1&pos=1o1&ad_type=pla&gclid=Cj0KEQjwnKzABRDy2pb7nPSazdsBEiQAI4lZQCj3AjXgdSaKMPYAfa4yftiU4cSrLGjM10QpOo47uxgaAnbz8P8HAQ

if the links were made from pure hi grade titanium then they whould have no chance but it whould cost more than a hi end bike to make x5

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing