Bike park wales extra £7 for e-bikes.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Well it's a commercial operation and they can charge what they like.
Just wait for the insolvency practitioner.

StewC

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2016
Lancing, on the South Downs.
Unfair as my eBike battery only lasts approx. 2.5hours, but on a "normal" bike I could ride for 5-6 hours, and could cover more ground.
Higher charges as the ebike cost more, so the riders must be wealthier.......
Are they going to start charging more for bike with wider tyres, like fat bikes?
Who do BPW think they are, the Fun Police.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Why is there a fee to charge E-bike batteries?

We are a completely off-grid destination and as such electricity is a valuable resource! By charging for E-bike battery refills we aim to encourage customers to plan ahead as our electricity is precious.

i wonder how much that is?

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
a pass must be shown at all times but they shut at 6pm ;)
and Keep out of the BikePark if your ability is impaired through the use of drugs or alcohol.:mad:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you should of said why do i have pay more for a ebike when im going to be going slower than all the other bikes DH.

and if i bring a bmx can i pay £2 :p

• Agree
Reactions: StewC

Mal69

Pedelecer
May 22, 2017
Scottish Borders
www.darkrealmfox.com
Its explained in the video that they damage the tracks more which requires more maintenance and upkeep
Have they got documented evidence of that ?

I personally think it's not true, I think they are just exploiting E-Bike riders and the guy in the video does not like E-Bikes, there is prejudice out there with a number of bike riders against these bikes, they need educating.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Have they got documented evidence of that ?

I personally think it's not true, I think they are just exploiting E-Bike riders and the guy in the video does not like E-Bikes, there is prejudice out there with a number of bike riders against these bikes, they need educating.
Why does the evidence need to be documented? It was probably witnessed on the trails. Many threads about people complaining that the ebikes mess up the trails so its fair enough.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Why does the evidence need to be documented? It was probably witnessed on the trails. Many threads about people complaining that the ebikes mess up the trails so its fair enough.
I assuming you havn't ridden a legal eMTB. The wear a tear on track from climbing eMTB is nothing close to wear and tear from heavy braking of descending bikes.

The more likely reason is eMTB don't pay extra for lift passes.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
I assuming you havn't ridden a legal eMTB. The wear a tear on track from climbing eMTB is nothing close to wear and tear from heavy braking of descending bikes.

The more likely reason is eMTB don't pay extra for lift passes.
Problem is a lot of eMTBs have a switch for 'offroad only' use, illegal on the streets

Mal69

Pedelecer
May 22, 2017
Scottish Borders
www.darkrealmfox.com
I read a few other forums with people saying this just isn't true, that they do less damage, this is why I question such blanket statements as seen in the video above as they usually come from the people who dislike E-Bikes.

• Agree
Reactions: mike killay