Bike wrap £160 worth it?

Carlbiker

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
I’ve just got the Orbea H30 and looking at getting it wrapped, was told that most people do this, Nike was £3.7k.

Is this true and worth doing or is it chucking money down the toilet, it’s an hrs drive to the place too

cheers

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Useful on areas like where the chain can slap around - a lot depends on how you use the bike and want to keep paintwork protected for resale value. Depreciation on cycles can be quite significant esp pedelecs. Another useful tip is use ACF-50 on exposed cycle parts esp over winter.

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
I’ve just got the Orbea H30 and looking at getting it wrapped, was told that most people do this, Nike was £3.7k.

Is this true and worth doing or is it chucking money down the toilet, it’s an hrs drive to the place too

cheers
No not worth it! You will want a different bike in 6-12 months time anyway!

Pedelecs are like fast motorbikes and fast sport scars, great fun but usually money pits. Ive bought enough of both..... neither are investments and rarely get back the money chucked at them!

Just ride it and enjoy...... Don't cosset!;)

Reactions: Carlbiker

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Totally money waste, a bit of tape on vulnerable areas is all you need.
put it in perspective, I’m building a bike and just yesterday I stopped off at my local powder coaters for a quote, shot blasted and two part candy over metal flake £70 or a single plain colour £50. You could wreck your paint and get it refinished several times over for £160.
you know what they say about a fool and his money.

Ocsid

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2017
Hampshire

cheers
It comes as quite a surprise to hear most people get their bikes of any brand or type "wrapped", I never have nor known colleagues doing so.

• :D
Reactions: MontyPAS

gsm.terra

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2020
Edinburgh
Vinyl wrap is cheap on Amazon etc. They even have camouflage. Plenty how to videos on YouTube that would save you £160!

Carlbiker

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
I’ve dropped it off earlier, mainly because the cube Kathmandu I took back (being a canal bike!) scratched their second it touched my Thule bike bars (feckless design) and it pissed me off tbh.....I’m up for scratching as though there’s an itch but not for the slightest of things

that said, if there’s a powder coat place then great

with regards to new bike.....it pained me paying for a lesser spec Orbea Wild h30 over the Cube 160 with zen fork etc but when I brake something it will be cheaper and it seems people still favour the Orbea over the Cube oddly