Bikes with throttles?

Bikesman

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Hi guys does anyone know of any mountain bikes with a throttle that takes you up to 15.5mph I know there it the oxygen eMate but was wandering if there where anymore??? Needs to be able to go cross country and hit trials etc.
Cheers

sloth1178

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 24, 2014
Hi guys does anyone know of any mountain bikes with a throttle that takes you up to 15.5mph I know there it the oxygen eMate but was wandering if there where anymore??? Needs to be able to go cross country and hit trials etc.
Cheers
Hi,
I've just bought this one http://www.voltbikes.co.uk/alpine-x-electric-mountain-bike.php

I think it is very good. Also a cheaper one there for about 1300 I think. Throttle works perfectly.
Just looking for a way to remove the speed limiter now.

Bikesman

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014

sloth1178

Aug 24, 2014
Brill whys the pedal assist like has it got alot of torque or more smooth/gradual also what's the quality like does it feel tough? And does the throttle take you up to the 15.5mph?
If on flat surface throttle will take you right to the 15mph limit, if I can figure out how to remove the limit it would take you way above.
Pedal assist gives instant power after about half a pedal turn and depending on the setting (1 to 5) determins the power. It's really cool. Also bike feels very well built and customer service is apparently their strong point although I haven't had to use that yet.

Bikesman

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Great will enquire with my local dealer. In the mean time if anyone has some more suggestions that would bemuch appreciated maybe some full sus options.

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
nice looking bike sloth, what sort of range do you get if fairly hilly, no throttle or offroad, any dealers in Hertfordshire?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Cheers
all the woosh bikes have full power throttle.
The ones with LCD are capable of taking you to legal speed limit, take your pick. If you are heavy, the Big Bear or £799 Big Bear LS are very good.
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?bigbear

sloth1178

Aug 24, 2014
nice looking bike sloth, what sort of range do you get if fairly hilly, no throttle or offroad, any dealers in Hertfordshire?
Thanks, tbh it's the first electric bike I have ridden but I love it.
I have only taken it out twice so far (only had it a week) but both times were very hilly terrain (live in wales) for 12 miles and only used 25% battery. The claimed range is 80 miles from the 16 ah lipo pack.

sloth1178

Aug 24, 2014
Thanks, tbh it's the first electric bike I have ridden but I love it.
I have only taken it out twice so far (only had it a week) but both times were very hilly terrain (live in wales) for 12 miles and only used 25% battery. The claimed range is 80 miles from the 16 ah lipo pack.
They do have a few dealers across the UK but your better off speaking to volt bikes directly, they are really helpful. I bought my bike direct and they delivered it to my local bike shop to be built up all at their expense.
Apparently my bike will be featured on the gadget show in October .

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
A lot of the show is fraudulent. I used to work at PC World. They came to do some filming. They filmed it to look like "undercover secret filming" and told the staff what to say. When it aired they made out they were doing undercover filming. Bad.

I also get the impression the presenters don't really know what they're talking about

martinr

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2014
Loch Rannoch
A lot of the show is fraudulent. I used to work at PC World. They came to do some filming. They filmed it to look like "undercover secret filming" and told the staff what to say. When it aired they made out they were doing undercover filming. Bad.

I also get the impression the presenters don't really know what they're talking about
It's cringe TV

Reactions: flecc

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
It's cringe TV
It's such a pity as I genuinely think there would be a lot of interest in that type of programme if they had better informed, more palatable presenters. As it stands, I rarely watch it as I find it a bit irritating.

Had a look at Volt's website, I like the look of the Volt Continental, will look into that one a bit more I think, but price looks a little punchy....

Last edited: