BionX kit, minus the battery and charger?

aab1

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2007
I noticed the excessive cost of the bionx kit seems to be mostly from the battery, it is far more expensive than any other of the same capacity, I could cost hundreds off the cost by using my own battery.

So is it possible to buy all parts of the bionx kit individually except for the battery and charger?

Would it make any sense to mount a bionx kit on my current electric bike (replacing the motor wheel) or would I be better to sell it, buy a new non electric bike, and add the bionx kit plus my own battery?

Thanks

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Hi again aab1 :)

I guess you'd have to speak to Bionx, or see what you can get on ebay :D I suppose its an idea, if you really want the pedal force sensor for power control, though there may be other ways to get the same result? Though I've heard some good things about Bionx, I'd probably go for a different motor myself - isn't it a direct drive hub?

Stuart.

aab1

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2007
The reason I wanted the Bionx is because it's the only kit i've found with pedal assist, and as with mine, the sensor is built into the rear motor hub, so changing the motor isn't an option, if anything, I'd get just the motor and compatible controller.