Bit of a bummer.....

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hello Lynda
As a relative newbie I haven't really got to know you. However, I can see from your posts here that you are a very strong willed, brave and positive lady. Every good wish for your treatment from here on.
About this time last year I flew to Beziers (£10 each way from Bristol with Ryanair - yes £10!!) in the south of France and did a bit of local biking on the Canal du Midi. It was absolutely delightful, as was the bright sunny, but not boiling hot, weather. I believe you can quite easily cover the entire canal from coast to coast. Maybe a bit too ambitious in the current circumstances - but I reckon it would be a great ride to do - all at once or in chunks - at some point.
Take care, enjoy whatever you choose to do, and my very best wishes.
Tony

Reactions: funkylyn

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
Anesthetics have improved beyond all recognition during my lifetime. When I was eighteen I had some teeth extracted under "gas" as it was known then. It was a truly awful experience. I had an eye operation four years ago, under total anesthetic and it could not have been better. I walked to the theatre, and as I lay down on the table, I asked the anesthetist to rearrange some pipes that seemed to be in the way. The next thing, I was asleep. There seemed to be no in between stage.
Waking was a strange experience. I heard a distant voice rabbiting on. It got louder, and I realised it was talking about guitar chord progressions. Then, I realised it was MY voice. I then realised I was grasping the left hand of a nurse in both my hands, and trying to force her fingers into the shape of an F major chord...
During the next few hours, I felt little or no pain, and felt I was in a pleasant dreamlike state. I slept well that night, and there was no hangover in the morning. Lynda, I hope your experience is at least as good as mine.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Six weeks ago, at 60, I had my first ever operation, a Cardiac Artery Bypass.
This was a surprise as I had no symptoms and went to see the GP with sinus trouble. Well, it could not have been easier. Sedated and woke up next day in ICU feeling wonderful (morphine, I expect). Even had a picture taken. Within two days was up and walking. wearing my own clothes. Have been back at work for 3 weeks part time. Now going to try cycling again this weekend, and driving, and swimming. My aim is to ride a Unicycle by my birthday in June.

Good luck with surgery Lynda. I know these are different operations but the level of skill and care is phenomenal. There is no need to be frightened. Just a couple of tips from a hospital first timer. Limit the number of visitors; you will be tired and possibly a bit incoherent. Second, take a set of good comfortable clothes, I felt so much better getting out of pyjamas and wearing a pair of chinos and a brand new shirt.

Still got sinus trouble though.

All the very best.

Bill
For a sixty year old you are definitely up to date with the fashion. I need to keep a close look on you, but I am happy to know that you back on your feet once again. Thanks for giving Lynda the extra support she needs.

MS.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
LYNDA WE ARE ALL THERE FOR YOU, EVEN CLOSER THAN YOU THINK!
THE QUICKER YOU CAN GET BETTER, THE QUICKER YOU CAN GET TO SLEEP AROUND AGAIN.:oops:

PS. TO ALL THE NEWBIES PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS IN THE WRONG WAY.

MS.

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
Sad news Lynn, was sorry to read this. I echo all the positive comments made about modern anaesthetic. Following the discovery of a rather nasty spinal tumour a few years back, I was treated with great skill & understanding throughout all my time in hospital, it was far more positive experience than I feared. I wish you all the best...

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
What can I say, thank you all SO much for your really kind wishes and support, as we have always said, this is more than just a bike forum its a community of like minded people and a very caring one at that.
You have lifted my spirits, especially over the last four days, as my treatment spiked and I was rather ill....that took me by surprise as I had been sailing through it, but of course its accumulative and I reached the full/stop point and didnt take kindly to feeling so ill, but then I got mad, did a bit of swearing and looked on the bright side.....losing 4lbs in 2 days has to be a bonus in my book ;)
Your wonderful comments on modern anaesthesia has really helped my phobia, especially as when I felt really ill I was just thinking...come on....give me the needle and take the bloody thing out NOW .....or I WILL :eek:
Thanks again.....you are great

Lynda :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
A nice bonus for you today Lynda, Lewis won in Malaysia!

With clearly the best car in the field the prospects are bright for him this year.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Yes,flecc, it was a great start to my day......john has seemingly thrown his dummy out :p...he wasnt very happy and has now gone very quiet...such a bad loser :D hahaha, but Red Bull have a lot of catching up to do......not so ezee though is it john ?? lol
Mercedes did the right thing last season by concentrating on this new car very early on, its certainly paid off so far

Reactions: flecc
C

Cyclezee

Yes,flecc, it was a great start to my day......john has seemingly thrown his dummy out :p...he wasnt very happy and has now gone very quiet...such a bad loser :D hahaha, but Red Bull have a lot of catching up to do......not so ezee though is it john ?? lol
Mercedes did the right thing last season by concentrating on this new car very early on, its certainly paid off so far
Very big yawn:p
download (5).jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Hahaha......thought that would bring you out of your funk !
You really must learn to take it as well as deal it John lol ;)
Mercedes are on the up and Red Bull are eating our dust.....deal with it.....:D

Reactions: peerjay56
C

Cyclezee

Hahaha......thought that would bring you out of your funk !
You really must learn to take it as well as deal it John lol ;)
Mercedes are on the up and Red Bull are eating our dust.....deal with it.....:D

Just wait a couple of weeks Lynda:p
images.jpeg

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
LOL....haha....very funny........Ive said it before and I will say it again.....you can be such a bas*ard sometimes John :mad: but as always...I forgive you.....I think you must be just suffering from shock......have a lie down, try a cold compress.....and get used to it :D

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
And stop taking pics of my Poms ....you are traumatising Mia.....again :D

Lynda:)

Reactions: Cyclezee

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
On behalf of all of us who recorded f1 to watch this evening, thanks flecc:) .
Best wishes Lynn, only just seen this post.

C

Cyclezee

LOL....haha....very funny........Ive said it before and I will say it again.....you can be such a bas*ard sometimes John :mad: but as always...I forgive you.....I think you must be just suffering from shock......have a lie down, try a cold compress.....and get used to it :D
If anything I was surprised how well RB performed and I am sure they start winning again very soon:p

Good to see that I rattled your cage though and all I can say is enjoy it while it lasts;)

C

Cyclezee

On behalf of all of us who recorded f1 to watch this evening, thanks flecc:) .
Best wishes Lynn, only just seen this post.
Personally DC I would just delete it and not bother watchingo_O

How come you don't already know the result DC......you were commenting:confused:

Reactions: D C and funkylyn
C

Cyclezee

I hope you recorded it Lynda, it's only way you will see that result againo_O

Nice programme for you on Beeb 2 at 8 o'clock about how the Scots and Picts built a wall to keep the primitive Geordies out:D

Last edited by a moderator:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
I hope you recoded it Lynda, it's only way you will see that result againo_O

Nice programme for you on Beeb 2 at 8 o'clock about how the Scots and Picts built a wall to keep the primitive Geordies out:D
Haha.....go and eat your Herrings in mango and peppercorn sauce, then have a lie down to recuperate from todays trauma ;)

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Personally DC I would just delete it and not bother watchingo_O
Should have taken your advice, hope the season livens up a bit or I might have to start watching Football:(
Sorry for shortening your name Lynda, Tapatalk got the better of me.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Should have taken your advice, hope the season livens up a bit or I might have to start watching Football:(
Sorry for shortening your name Lynda, Tapatalk got the better of me.
I have to admit it wasnt the most exciting of races.....apart from us Lewis fans who were uber excited just at the sight of Lewis leading from start to finish :cool:

And hey.....dont worry about my name Dave, I answer to most things :D

Advertisers