Bits for a Twist

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
Hi Everyone

Mirrors
Can anyone offer any advice on the best mirror for the 'postman' style handle bar on the Twist? Most of what seems to be on offer at the moment are for the bar end which wont work on the Twist.

Bar End Handlebar protectors.
Also, can anyone advise on suitable handlebar 'bar end' style extensions that could fit on the handlebars meaning that you wont damage the bits on the bars when flipping it over?

Thanks for any advice.

John

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I do use Cateye bar end mirror on my Twist John. Though not ideal, it will adjust to suit the backswept handgrip, but I do make a small mod on all my Cateye mirrors.

Where the mirror support post pivots on it's balljoint against the end cap of the mirror, I use a round file to extend the opening into the end cap which enables the mirror to swing out further at a greater angle.

The other thing with these mirrors is that the two parts of the plastic boss that inserts into the handle bar is too big a diameter for the Twist and eZee bikes. It has to be filed to a smaller diameter to go in. A coarse file or rasp is best for this.

Last edited: