Bizarre puncture....

PH001

Pedelecer
May 18, 2016
Harrogate, N. Yorks
Had slime tubes fitted to my Cyclotricity Stealth for a couple of months now which I know aren't the best for puncture protection but was done as a bit of a stop gap. Riding home last night went up a couple of biggish curbs then about 30 seconds later the back tyre goes flat. Went from 50psi to zero in about a minute.

Initially thought tube nip or slice from glass due to speed of deflation so walked the remaining mile home.

Got it into the garage that evening, took back wheel off and tube out - no obvious damage?? Felt all around inside of tyre - nothing. Checked valve - all OK.

So re-inlfated with foot pump and all is perfect. Very odd. No signs of green slime anywhere and tyre was still at 50psi this morning.

Anyone else had a bizarre apparent puncture like this?

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
Had slime tubes fitted to my Cyclotricity Stealth for a couple of months now which I know aren't the best for puncture protection but was done as a bit of a stop gap. Riding home last night went up a couple of biggish curbs then about 30 seconds later the back tyre goes flat. Went from 50psi to zero in about a minute.

Initially thought tube nip or slice from glass due to speed of deflation so walked the remaining mile home.

Got it into the garage that evening, took back wheel off and tube out - no obvious damage?? Felt all around inside of tyre - nothing. Checked valve - all OK.

So re-inlfated with foot pump and all is perfect. Very odd. No signs of green slime anywhere and tyre was still at 50psi this morning.

Anyone else had a bizarre apparent puncture like this?
Did you remove the tyre or just remove the tube? Just wonder if the slime wasn't in the right place to seal and removing and refilling has now moved it to the puncture?

I'd be getting a spare tube ready and if it's still inflated, use it and see what happens