Black Friday sales

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I hope everybody is taking advantage of the sales, spending all their spare cash or even the housekeeping money. There are some great bargains to be had.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Martin Lewis in his recent TV show presented quite a long list of possible and confirmed Black Friday, Christmas and New Year discounts from various shops, some of which sell ebikes. I'd snap and share screencaps of his information boards, if doing so didn't violate copyright.

In case Amazon sells an ebike for £24.99

" Amazon's free delivery service is only available on orders of £25 or more.
This tool helps identify products that will bump you up to the magic £25 target and therefore achieve free delivery. "

Last edited:

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
I hope everybody is taking advantage of the sales, spending all their spare cash or even the housekeeping money. There are some great bargains to be had.

It was noted by watchdog that almost all supposed Black Friday sales were less or the same all through the year

Halfords standard price (just bought) and Amazon price

rack.jpgrack 2.jpg

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Can you post some good deals? I don't see anything interesting...

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
half a dozen real bargains drives half the population into a spending frenzy resulting in many unwanted xmas gifts..

Reactions: flecc

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
The only thing I use Amazon for is to zone in on the name/description of what it is I'm looking for. This establishes a datum price. I can then continue to search and nearly always find it cheaper elsewhere. There is the odd occasion where I can only find the item on Amazon and have to, very reluctantly, use them.
Recent example was the chip extractor for my woodworkshop. After zoning in on exact model and buying from a woodworkin supplier, I got it around £125 cheaper than Amazon.
Wise up guys, Amazon is not cheaper.
Most Black Friday deals (anywhere) are large percentage drops on a previously inflated price.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Recent example was the chip extractor for my woodworkshop. After zoning in on exact model and buying from a woodworkin supplier
I did not bad either on sales for my woodshop over the last couple of years.

Axminster professional AP406DS drum sander - £900(normally £1300)
Fuji mini-mite 3 platinum with the G-Xpc gun for only £380(normally £790)

I didn't really really need a drum sander, but its a bloody drum sander, which is a seriously good bit of kit to own, and 400 off isn't to be sneezed at.And the spray system is pretty much the same. Good bit of kit to get at such a good price. Grab the bargains while its there is my philosophy.

--------------------------------------------------

Can you post some good deals? I don't see anything interesting...
Kind of depends on your bike, and type of riding you do.

My bargains during this years sales are
Hope pro5 fortus 35 front wheel, which normally costs £190, for £133. I was looking for a 27.5" pro5 to match a rear, so kind of got lucky tonight.

A set of(f&r) Hope tech4 V4 brakes for £320(normally £430) As below with the tredz price match. Bought one from CRC, then got tredz to price match and got the other from them.
The tech4 v4 and e4 are probably in the top 5 most powerful bike brakes currently out there. I've got another set(the V4's) on my Emtb and they certainly live up to their reputation and reviews.

Someone posted up CRC had some 27.5" Fox factory 38's yesterday, and i was really tempted. They sold out in well under an hour. Not surprising as they were selling them for £380 instead of £850

Currently some good tyre pricing at Merlin cycles. Tredz has a range of nice things well reduced. CRC is bargain central currently

Some very good deals here

Hope tech4 E4. CRC has RH for £150, but Tredz will price match so you'll get the set for £300, saving about 130 quid.
Fox transfer dropper - £320 reduced to £117
Fox 34 -£299, normally £550

Wheels - very good prices on the DT Swiss - saving nearly £180

Tyres at merlin cycles. Bound to be something here....even for the pedelecs crowd ;) I've probably saved about 200 on buying tyres during these sale. Doesnt hurt to stock up.

I think anyone saying theres no bargains out there, or stuff is being artificially inflated then reduced just for the sales is just not looking properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Bargains are only a bargain if you really actually need it and have a use for it.
Buying an item because it is discounted but have no real use for it or actually need it doesn't really make much sense if thinking logically.

Just this week I saw a 125mm aperature fibreglass ED doublet refractor telescope with the best quality glass usually priced at £1599 , could have bought it at an offer price of £999. But tbh I didn't need it, one expects lots of folks buy stuff that never gets used simply because they got a bargain to brag about.

Last edited:

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Bargains are only a bargain if you really actually need it
That is the funniest thing I've heard all week lolz.

You'll be telling us next we only really need one bike :eek:

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
I've kept an eye open since I first needed a replacement chain, and now have 2 years minimum of cassettes, chains and chain rings, and a new set of tyres just waiting for their turn.

Maybe time for a treat instead!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Plenty of opportunities to spend spend spend! According to Martin Lewis: Argos up to 50% off Xmas day. Amazon up tp 40% off items they sell themselves on Boxing Day. Amazon warehouse 20% off 24-30th Nov. Lidl Xmas veg 15p on Dec 14th, and Ikea up to 50% off that week... you'd have to watch his programme for more.

Reactions: Bikes4two

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
I rarely see any genuine bargains on black friday I can almost always find the prices better other times.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
I Have just picked up a real black friday bargain, Please meet Murphy the Rescue cat and
latest member of the family. She is Very timid having been bullied by the children and older cats in her last home, the kids were not evil just toddlers..

she bolted out the cat basket straight to the bedding shelves to make a nest and has not moved since.. We are leaving her alone and hope she feels comfy enough to venture out feed and say hello soon..

Not the best pic but i didnt want to crowd her.. just glad to find her as i just turned my eye and she was gone woosh..

and I have to give a shout out to the wonderful folk at the four paws sanctuary..
Please check them out https://fourpawscatrescue.org.uk/
If your inclined to donate to charities? perhaps consider them too?