BMSBATTERY can this be right???

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I'm soon going to take the plunge of ordering all the stuff for my summer build.
BMSBATTERY will be the supplier of a front drive 350w Bafang BPM, and also an ECITYPOWER 48v15Ah lithium ion battery from the following series:

E-Bike-Pack05:
1. Battery voltage: 24V, 36V, 48V;
2. Battery capacity: 8Ah, 10Ah, 12Ah, 13.2Ah, 16Ah, 16.5Ah, 19.8Ah and 20Ah
3. Weight: 4Kg~5Kg
4. Dimension: 69x148x355mm (OUT), 56x144x290mm (IN)
5. Cell Chemical: LiFePO4, LiMn2O4, NiCoMn
6. Continuous discharge current: 15A~30A

They obviously stuff various voltages and Ah combinations into the same box.
I'm dubious about whether they can supply 48v15Ah lithium ion within the confines of the aluminium box size.
Also it's strange BMSBATTERY suggest it's a 15Ah, but the info from ECITY (above) doesn't show a 15Ah capacity.
I have a Cyclamatic 24v9Ah which is roughly the same dimensions, apart from the width, where it is around 5cm wider.
There's a fair bit of room within this battery, but i still don't see how they can stuff a lot more batteries in.
Has anyone bought one of these type batteries in the larger voltage/capacity or enlighten me on this subject please :)

P.S. ignore the LIFEPO4 sticker in the picture. It's just to give you an idea of the type of container they use.

Attachments

Last edited:

squishydomain

Just Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Did you get anything from BMS Battery?

Did you place an order with BMS Battery in the end and did they deliver?

I placed an order in January 2011 for a Souzhou Bafang hill climbing motor kit but have still not had notification that it has shipped. I really wanted to buy a battery pack to go with it but I just don't trust them enough to put that kind of money onto the table.

I'd be very comforted to hear any stories of people actually getting stuff from BMSBattery.

D

Deleted member 4366

My order took about a month for them to get the stuff together and then only a couple of days from depatch to arrival, but I didn't have a battery, so maybe yours might take a little longer. I'm still waiting for my order from EVassemble since 12/1/11.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Did you place an order with BMS Battery in the end and did they deliver?

I placed an order in January 2011 for a Souzhou Bafang hill climbing motor kit but have still not had notification that it has shipped. I really wanted to buy a battery pack to go with it but I just don't trust them enough to put that kind of money onto the table.

I'd be very comforted to hear any stories of people actually getting stuff from BMSBattery.
Not ordered yet, but wary about this company.
Heard some good news stories and bad, so i'll probably do the same as you squishydomain. BPM hillclimber without the battery.
£200 is easier to swallow if it all goes Pete Tong.
I do like the aluminium cased type batteries for their aesthetic looks, but if the warranty is pants then what's the point!
Gonna get a Ping and integrate it into one of this company's enclosures:
BOSS Enclosures | Electronic Enclosures, 19†Cabinets & Custom Plastic Enclosures
Slightly more eye pleasing than stuffing it in a tool or lunch box and probably more robust.
Sorry d8veh, didn't even consider EVassemble after reading comments about this company on Endless Sphere :eek:

rh1968

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2010
My experience of BMS battery has been that they take a while to get the kit together (ordered mine Boxing Day, received Jan 20th) but once posted it arrived within three days. Very pleased with the kit which thus far works a treat and thrilled with the value - ordered the 250W motor with a 24V 10AH battery (proving perfectly adequate for my needs), whole lot for round £275 including shipping I think is a proper bargain. Jack Xie at BMS was very helpful and prompt in replying when I had queries about the fitting as well.

Cheers,

Rendel

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
My experience of BMS battery has been that they take a while to get the kit together (ordered mine Boxing Day, received Jan 20th) but once posted it arrived within three days. Very pleased with the kit which thus far works a treat and thrilled with the value - ordered the 250W motor with a 24V 10AH battery (proving perfectly adequate for my needs), whole lot for round £275 including shipping I think is a proper bargain. Jack Xie at BMS was very helpful and prompt in replying when I had queries about the fitting as well.

Cheers,

Rendel
1) Did it include everything for a complete setup? Any problems?
2) Was the battery a rack mounted type and did you order the rack?
3) Did it all come at once?

As i said before, some mixed views on this company. Nice to hear the good experiences :)

rh1968

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2010
Yes the kit was complete. I ordered the "Little Frog" type battery case that fits on the seatpost - actually I couldn't fit it as my saddle's too low but that's down to the bike, not the kit: I've put it in a handlebar bag instead where it works fine.

Fitting couldn't have been simpler, just linked up the connectors as per diagram and that was that - the battery was even fully charged so didn't have to wait! The only modification I needed to make was to file the droputs slightly to fit the axle, which I believe is a fairly common experience with kits.

All in all I couldn't be happier with the kit, it all works as it should and I must say the wheel is much better quality than I expected, it's taken a severe pounding from London's potholes without damage. If you don't mind waiting a little while for delivery I'd definitely recommend BMS for value, I think I'll be going back to them in future when I want replacements/upgrades.

Cheers,

Rendel

P.S. I should point out that I have no connection, commercial or otherwise, with BMS!