Bored? take a look at my latest trip (new route:-)

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009

mapman

Pedelecer
Oct 2, 2009
newcastle /ne7
Old timer
just watched the vids, your spoiling me now with so many in one go. Been down your way camping around cromer about 10 years ago lovely part of the country.

thanks.

mapman.

verntern

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 12, 2010
St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Thoroughly enjoyed the videos Dave. Good resolution camera. The video gives the impression you are travelling so fast! Intrigued to know if you were pedalling most of the time? Cheers.

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Brill vids very good clarity and love seeing the landscape flashing past.

So how much effort are you putting in on your excursion? nosey beggar I am.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Brill vids very good clarity and love seeing the landscape flashing past.

So how much effort are you putting in on your excursion? nosey beggar I am.
Your worse than my wife:D
To answer your question, I`m an unfit 65 year old and I smoke. I had a tough morning cleaning up someones garden and then jet washing the paving. I came home , had my lunch and was feeling tired. I sat for an hour and recovered. My wife wanted to go to the garden centre for the bird seed, there was not much wind so we decided to cycle (about 8 miles each way) and I jus cruised home with lots more left in my legs.
I went out today to the next village (5 miles each way) and felt more tired when I got home, why! a strongish wind blowing at me on the way home:(

So, if you choose your days with a wind of no more than 10mph you will hardly have to put any effort in at all. I find that on the flat with not much wind my legs are just going through the motions Meg.

Got your bike yet?

Dave

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Excellent :D

Yep she came yesterday, all unpacked and raring to go, but unfortunatley due to acquiring a chest infection ontop of my asthma kicking off, I am not allowed on it till earliest next flaming week *grrrr*

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
I didn`t shoot a video on todays trip because I don`t want to spoil my public:D :D :D

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Thoroughly enjoyed the videos Dave. Good resolution camera. The video gives the impression you are travelling so fast! Intrigued to know if you were pedalling most of the time? Cheers.
Yeh! most of the time

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009
Excellent viewing.:cool: It was better than Avatar in 3-D because I felt as though I was cycling just behind you, mind you the speed seemed pretty fast and was beginning to wonder whether my ProConnect S could keep up.:eek:

Can you give some more information on the video side?

What model of camera do you use and how is it mounted to the bike?

It must be stunning when viewed on an HD display.

Conal

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2007
Envy

Dave

Just watched your videos. I cycle through great countyside in Essex but I wish the roads were as quiet as yours. Looked like a great ride.

Conal

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Excellent viewing.:cool: It was better than Avatar in 3-D because I felt as though I was cycling just behind you, mind you the speed seemed pretty fast and was beginning to wonder whether my ProConnect S could keep up.:eek:

Can you give some more information on the video side?

What model of camera do you use and how is it mounted to the bike?

It must be stunning when viewed on an HD display.
This is the camera Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review
maybe a bit over kill for this work but I wanted a camera that can shoot raw stills with (check out my web david chilvers's Photo Galleries at pbase.com) it has image stabilising even in movie mode but I`ve no doubt that even the cheaper Panasonics are similar but without the raw mode that you don`t need. I shoot 16-9 hd , convert in a cheap prog called AVS video converter 6.3.
In full hd mode the camera limits to 10 mins which is the youtube running time limit so it works fine. I`ve shot in lower res and they seem similar once compressed and uploaded.

I use one of these Sima | Mini Video Prop Chest Support | SVP3 | B&H Photo Video ( they are available in the UK as well), I then put a bungie around my chest to support the top section and then zip up my coat and have the lens sticking out of the top:)

Last edited:

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Dave

Just watched your videos. I cycle through great countyside in Essex but I wish the roads were as quiet as yours. Looked like a great ride.

Conal
I`m an Essex boy originally:D

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Dave you crack me up! love the vids especially the first! Keep it up. ;)