Bosch 400wh frame battery

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
Can anyone confirm that active and performance line use the same battery exactly.
I feel sure they do.
Many are advertised as specifically for active or specifically for performance.
Seems to me the only difference is that those advertised as active are grey and the performance anthracite.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Can anyone confirm that active and performance line use the same battery exactly.
I feel sure they do.
Many are advertised as specifically for active or specifically for performance.
Seems to me the only difference is that those advertised as active are grey and the performance anthracite.
yes but you also can get the same batt in Gray or black both will work.

• Informative
Reactions: falmouthtony

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Copied from another thread, Bosch at halfords
went into local Halfords no bosch crossfuse on display but they have one in hemel Hempstead store and Hendon
cost of bosch battery 400w £513, but 10less with cycle network? discount

I beleve Bosch only have one battery case at the moment in the UK, so this should be the same battery & fitment.
Also 10% discount for British cycling members

• Informative
Reactions: falmouthtony

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Copied from another thread, Bosch at halfords
went into local Halfords no bosch crossfuse on display but they have one in hemel Hempstead store and Hendon
cost of bosch battery 400w £513, but 10less with cycle network? discount

I beleve Bosch only have one battery case at the moment in the UK, so this should be the same battery & fitment.
Also 10% discount for British cycling members
Im not sure but I think that there is a difference between the frame mounted battery and the rack mounted battery . I have the rack mounted one and it looks to me that there is a nose on the frame mounted . Also it would be logical to have a different orientation for the power LEDs

gwing3

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 5, 2017
Chilterns, UK
Im not sure but I think that there is a difference between the frame mounted battery and the rack mounted battery . I have the rack mounted one and it looks to me that there is a nose on the frame mounted . Also it would be logical to have a different orientation for the power LEDs
Yes Bosch have both rack and frame mount batteries listed in their catalogues and they are physically different shapes.

However they have only only one design for each, so batteries should be interchangeable between all reasonably current Bosch powered frame mount cycles, irrespective of the cycle brand, and ditto for rack mount configurations.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
My bad, I didn't consider the rack battery as I have selective blindness,
I can't see racks on bicycles (or baskets for that matter)