Bosch battery charger - what's it worth?

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
I'll soon be in possession of a Bosch PowerPack charger. I already have one, so it'll be surplus to requirements.

What would be a fair price to charge on here?

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I'll soon be in possession of a Bosch PowerPack charger. I already have one, so it'll be surplus to requirements.

What would be a fair price to charge on here?
Why not simply keep it "just in case".....
As I understand it, they can only be bought from Bosch, so are possibly "thin on the ground!"
I agree that chargers, if properly cared for, seldom go wrong.....
The final choice is of course yours and yours alone, but think how you would feel if a year from now, your present charger is stolen or damaged, and you have to pay full price for a new one...after getting say only half price for what is technically, a second hand one....
Just a thought!
regards
Andy

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Well, that's fair point, BUT I bought the battery off eBay on the deal I made with myself that I got £75 for the old, knackered one on eBay & bought the 'new' one secondhand there too for £192, so I'd only be paying £60 or so for the battery if I got £60 or so for the charger. I don't need the second battery, but I talked myself into it on that basis.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
For the record, it sold on eBay for £51, but I paid postage of c.£4.

• Informative
Reactions: Gavin

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
For the record, it sold on eBay for £51, but I paid postage of c.£4.
I would say that's probably about market value and that IMHO you did really well.
As even if it was never used, such things are worth only about 50% of the new price....You were very close to that!
regards and congrats!
Andy

Samcycles

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2020
Northern Ireland
You did well Warwick, Winstanleys have the Bosch 2Amp charger for £72.
Also have good deals on Bosch batteries £299.99 for power pack 300w

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Mind you, I had to deal with the usual eBay punter cluelessness.

• :D
Reactions: Samcycles