Bosch battery not securing

crankyhorse

Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Hi all. I got my Cube 29er today and after charging the battery I am struggling to get the top of the battery to lock in to the holder on the bike.

Am I missing something?

crankyhorse

Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
You will have to excuse the picture quality. My smartphone ecamera lens is scratched to jiggery

Pedal Bing

crankyhorse

Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Once the battery is in, the bike is a joy. The steepest hill near me left me gasping for air near the top on a normal bike. I reckon I could hold my breath most of the way up thanks to pedelec power.

It's seamlessly smooth when the power cuts off at a smidgen over 16mph and I found myself happily pedeling on the flat at 20mph thanks to the gearing.

It's surpassing my expectations apart from the crappy battery fit.

Last edited:

crankyhorse

Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Another revelation is that this bike feels normal when pedeling with no power. It, of course, rolls with no resistance and so I feel no fear if I run out of juice.

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
Cranky,
None of the pics show a good closeup of the top and the bottom of the battery in its mount - which is where I would expect the issue to lie. Try posting some more useful pics and maybe someone who actually has a Bosch system will be able to help. (Not long to wait now I hope)

crankyhorse

Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Cranky,
None of the pics show a good closeup of the top and the bottom of the battery in its mount - which is where I would expect the issue to lie. Try posting some more useful pics and maybe someone who actually has a Bosch system will be able to help. (Not long to wait now I hope)
Good point.

crankyhorse

Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
I had to remove the battery for the photo shoot and it took less time to get it in this time so maybe it's just the knack I need. It's still not what I would expect from German engineering.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i give mine a good whack at the top of my batt to make sure it locks in.

prob cos its new ;) tho is the bit that locks the batt a bit stiff mins spring loaded

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i was going to take the top bit off mine but i not got the right tool but its that what will need slight adjusting up or down a bit.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its just a stiff,new spring then in the lock,should be fine after you take it out and back in a few times.