Bosch double capacity system

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
They will be offering trailers next with banks of batteries for hundreds of miles travel! I have two batteries and carry the spare in a back pack when required, its no great deal to switch them over, I guess its the designer look of my Mercedes Smart eBike I wouldn't like spoilt as it gives me great pleasure every time I mount it, having a load of batteries on it would make it look like a working mans cycle.

It may suit some working class people though who don't have access to proper private transport, but unless sealed would leave the electrics vulnerable if you only wanted to go out on one battery, plus it will start to look a bit utilitarian.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the Y cable is factory install only so you cant buy it and add it to a bike.

• Informative
Reactions: anotherkiwi

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
try lift it over a fence or a gate :(

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
What does 2.5kg really matter on a powered bike anyway.
It would have made a massive adverse difference to my off road rides in Switzerland.
Even walk assist refused to power the bike forward on several of the occasions where I had to push the bike up gradients recorded at between 50%-60% on loose stone.

Even the difference between the weight of the hard tail and full suspension bike, had me wanting the hardtail. Sometimes any extra weight is a major inconvenience.

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
It would have made a massive adverse difference to my off road rides in Switzerland.
Even walk assist refused to power the bike forward on several of the occasions where I had to push the bike up gradients recorded at between 50%-60% on loose stone.
Not your everyday riding conditions but I see your point :)

Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
mine is the same useless on steep hills