bosch ebike batteries

nightrider

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
bought a bosch ktm ebike a few months ago on gumtree,works great 3000k on clock, 400wh downtube battery, 3 years old and I can get about 50 miles per charge really impressive for a battery 3 years old, so wondering is there a vast difference between the 400 and 500wh range wise, and is the price difference worth it.

D

Deleted member 25121

bought a bosch ktm ebike a few months ago on gumtree,works great 3000k on clock, 400wh downtube battery, 3 years old and I can get about 50 miles per charge really impressive for a battery 3 years old, so wondering is there a vast difference between the 400 and 500wh range wise, and is the price difference worth it.
An increase in range of around 25%, whether it's worth it or not depends on the length of your rides and how easy it is for you to recharge the battery.

• Informative
Reactions: Nev

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
If the current battery does start being inadequate you could also consider a recell (probably by Jimmy judging by other threads), which could also be used to increase capacity.

• Agree
Reactions: Nev

nightrider

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
If the current battery does start being inadequate you could also consider a recell (probably by Jimmy judging by other threads), which could also be used to increase capacity.
funny enough was on the phone to him and he said it is very hit and miss with bosch batteries because of their own softwear, very difficult job for them, sometimes it comes off but quite often it does not, all designed to buy bosch batteries

D

Deleted member 25121

funny enough was on the phone to him and he said it is very hit and miss with bosch batteries because of their own softwear, very difficult job for them, sometimes it comes off but quite often it does not, all designed to buy bosch batteries
Very interesting, did he say how much you'd owe him if the recell failed?

nightrider

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
Very interesting, did he say how much you'd owe him if the recell failed?
never got round to asking him that, but I did ask him before hand about delivery cover, if battery lost or damaged as they make arrangements for pick up and return, and they said they do not cover that, found a bit strange, so I would think they might say that it is your risk if recelling does not work out, so long as they tell you before hand which is £300 .

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Surely this is a restraint of Trade and illegal under EU law?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015