Bosch ebike motor reliability

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ktm bikes wont even sell you a sclass bike unless you can prove via land register that you own the land b4 they will even sell one 2 you.

my m8s dad is a millionaire and has his own land id just get him to buy it :p

Kizza

Pedelecer
Oct 28, 2017
London
ktm bikes wont even sell you a sclass bike unless you can prove via land register that you own the land b4 they will even sell one 2 you.

my m8s dad is a millionaire and has his own land id just get him to buy it :p
A guy at work bought a speed ebike from a high street shop and they didn't tell him the law. He was riding it around London at 30mph for about 2 years not knowing it was illegal. Even wore a motorbike helmet as he said it got a bit scary.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
new bikes come out in oct-nov every year so the 2019 bikes are just round the corner.

if the shop done a pdi check then that would of never been a problem seems some shops are just not bothering and just shifting boxes.

my 2014 bosch bike has never had a problem even with a dongle ;)

Kizza

Pedelecer
Oct 28, 2017
London
new bikes come out in oct-nov every year so the 2019 bikes are just round the corner.

if the shop done a pdi check then that would of never been a problem seems some shops are just not bothering and just shifting boxes.

my 2014 bosch bike has never had a problem even with a dongle ;)
And tbf my 'problem' was not the motor in the end. I'd busted a chain ring by thrashing it on Turbo a bit too often.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
And tbf my 'problem' was not the motor in the end. I'd busted a chain ring by thrashing it on Turbo a bit too often.
2015-12-08 21.21.40.jpg
it can happen if in the wrong gear ;)

sseightzz

Just Joined
Jun 22, 2018
Well I learnt a lesson, bought this at my LBS for a smidge more.

Better components than the Cube, and a larger battery.

Most important, support is close and personal.

Blackbird

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 15, 2018
Depends on the dongle, bikespeed rs no, badass bike yes, and there are more variants with different effects.

Reactions: Kizza

Related Articles

Advertisers