Bosch ebike tracker plus speed Dongle

trialframe1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 6, 2020
I've been lucky enough to purchase a one year old Riese and Muller Supercharger2 which is brilliant.
I'm thinking of fitting- 1. A dedicated Bosch system GPS tracker. 2. A speed derestriction Dongle.
Has anyone got first hand experience of either of these & can they both be used simultaneously?
They appear to plug into the same connectors on the motor.

trialframe1

Jun 6, 2020
Sorry to have opened a can of worms. I haven't done anything yet but was just asking the question

Edward Elizabeth

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2020
Buckinghamshire
To go faster?
Except it won't. It'll never go faster than a rider could pedal it, so Amoto's question is valid - why do it?

You do know that some police forces have issued information to officers, including photos of dongles and where they are commonly connected on different types of bikes? All such behaviour does is makes it more likely that legal ebikes will get further regulated, making life difficult for the law abiding majority.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil Dryden

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Except it won't. It'll never go faster than a rider could pedal it, so Amoto's question is valid - why do it?

You do know that some police forces have issued information to officers, including photos of dongles and where they are commonly connected on different types of bikes? All such behaviour does is makes it more likely that legal ebikes will get further regulated, making life difficult for the law abiding majority.
a dongle will remove the speed limit but you will need to change the gearing or you will just spin out.

i have a 21t front sprocket and at 120rpm at the cranks can hit over 30mph and have had a dongle since 2014 it has never been removed.

the s class motors are the same inside the only difference is in the software's speed limit for 28mph so a dongle is faster than that as mine cuts out at 35.5mph.

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
Sorry to have opened a can of worms. I haven't done anything yet but was just asking the question
I only suggested the probable reason, without condoning it, and got a kicking from the self appointed mods. We both know it was to go faster in the grounds of your mansion, legally.

trialframe1

Jun 6, 2020
That's some very fair points you are making. So moving on - has anyone got experience of the tracker which fits under the Bosch motor cover?

trialframe1

Jun 6, 2020
By the way, it's far from easy to change the gearing on the Supercharger2 as it's got belt drive & I'm not sure if alternative 'sprockets' are available.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can get them in most sizes but there not cheap!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you might not need one id get the dongle and take it from there as going bigger at the front means less gears for going up hill.

DSC_0673_01.JPG

thats like a 63t normal size sprocket and it out gears the motor to the point it was not usable even on the flat.

had to try it tho lol ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015