Bosch Intuvia

GingerFire96

Just Joined
Mar 21, 2021
So I ordered a replacement Bosch Intuvia display ( cos I was an idiot and had mine stolen). But whenever I try to power the bike up it just says "attach to bike" and turns off. It appears to be fully charged but I left it in its holder overnight to charge but didn't work.
Any ideas?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I think it has its own builtin non-rechargable battery; but that should be good if the replacement was a new unit. Double check that all the connections on the holder and on the unit are clean. Also, if it was a new unit it may have come with a sheet of plastic insulting the battery for shipment; things like that often do. Open the battery compartment and check.

Some of its messages are a bit silly when things are not right. For example, if you forget to put the bike battery back in (not the Intuvia one) after charging off the bike, rather than showing 'no battery' the Intuvia shows the state of charge the battery had when last seen. I've pedalled off without the battery more than once. Not helped by being up a hill so it doesn't make much difference at first; by the time I notice I've got the hill to climb back up again without the motor. Luckily not a very long or very steep hill.

Reactions: GingerFire96

GingerFire96

Just Joined
Mar 21, 2021
I think it has its own builtin non-rechargable battery; but that should be good if the replacement was a new unit. Double check that all the connections on the holder and on the unit are clean. Also, if it was a new unit it may have come with a sheet of plastic insulting the battery for shipment; things like that often do. Open the battery compartment and check.

Some of its messages are a bit silly when things are not right. For example, if you forget to put the bike battery back in (not the Intuvia one) after charging off the bike, rather than showing 'no battery' the Intuvia shows the state of charge the battery had when last seen. I've pedalled off without the battery more than once. Not helped by being up a hill so it doesn't make much difference at first; by the time I notice I've got the hill to climb back up again without the motor. Luckily not a very long or very steep hill.
I've cleaned the contacts to no avail. Perhaps regretablly I bought it used off a reputable eBay seller. I can't think of anything wrong with it now other than maybe the lithium battery inside just isn't working, maybe low temperatures when it was shipped it just came in an envelope?

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
Should you not report this to the seller via ebay?
I note in the instructions for my Intuvia, there is mention of recharging the computer battery if stored over a long period. Via the usb connector perhaps? Or have you tried that?

Homer Jay

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 21, 2020
I think the intuvia uses a cr2032 or equivalent non rechargeable battery. If you replace that, it should work.

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
I suspect it depends how old the Intuvia is. The later ones are rechargeble.

From the latest manual:-

If you are not going to be using your eBike for several weeks, remove the on-board computer from its holder. Store the on-board computer in a dry environ- ment at room temperature. Regularly recharge the on- board computer's battery (at least every 3 months).

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I think the intuvia uses a cr2032 or equivalent non rechargeable battery. If you replace that, it should work.

if the display wont turn on off the bike or charge via the usb then the batt needs replacing esp if it is old and not used for a while. if the voltage gets under 3v then it just wont charge the batt.