Bosch motor help advice

DALERST

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 28, 2020
Hi Guys, just after a bit of help regarding my bosch motor before i contact the retailer. Ive had the bike just under a year and over the last couple of months ive had 3 occasions where the motor make a loud clunking noise as though its jumped gear/cog inside the motor happened today and about 2 weeks ago. Has anyone had a similar experience with the bosch cx motor? I just want to find out if it common as its going to be very difficult to prove to the shop i got it from, and they will just say they cant find anything wrong with it. Its done 457 miles and never seen a jet wash, hose pipe or ridden in the rain.

Any help advice would be much appreciated.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
hard to say unless you take the motor apart but on the main shaft there are cerclips that hold some of the gears in place and if one is broken can feel like that.

DSC_0115.JPG

DSC_0114.JPG

the gear in the middle is held in place buy 2 cer clips each side but is the same on the cx motor.

are you getting any error msg on the display? if not a dealer wont be much help as can not open the motor and has to be sent back to bosch for replacement.

Reactions: DALERST

DALERST

May 28, 2020
Thanks for the info, the display is not showing any codes,
I guess its a call to them in the morning and see what they say.

Hopefully bosch will replace without any issue.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Will contact the retailer in the morning.
GOOD!
If you can get rid of the bike, do that, but talk to the people you used to pay, PayPal or credit card, they can wield a very big stick when needed.
Do not get "pushed" into accepting anything at all by the seller.....
Andy

DALERST

May 28, 2020
GOOD!
If you can get rid of the bike, do that, but talk to the people you used to pay, PayPal or credit card, they can wield a very big stick when needed.
Do not get "pushed" into accepting anything at all by the seller.....
Andy
Why get rid of the bike? Would it not just suffice just getting a new motor fitted by bosch under warranty...

• Agree
Reactions: Gringo

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Why get rid of the bike? Would it not just suffice just getting a new motor fitted by bosch under warranty...
He has been very badly "served" by the retailer, who "forgot" to supply a charger, making it impossible to actually ride the bike and test it fully, like "no testing at all possible!"
That is more than enough under the fair trades act, to get his full money back.
Furthermore, that this is a middle motor bike, with all its "built in possible" future problems, and its single point of failure!
We all should be supporting him and his rights to change his mind!
regards to all
Andy

Reactions: mike killay

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
No reason to get rid of bike if it is sorted and you enjoy it.
No charger supplied so he is therefore unable to even ride it.....plus not answering phone calls and emails.....ergo, no support whatsoever.....
Maybe you missed his original posts explaining that!
He should simply get his money back and look for something better to ride.
Andy

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
No charger supplied so he is therefore unable to even ride it.....plus not answering phone calls and emails.....ergo, no support whatsoever.....
Maybe you missed his original posts explaining that!
I think your imagining things nowhere does he say that.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Andy, have you taken your medication this morning?o_O
Always, I am a diabetic!! Have been now for over 30 years, and I can still see, and I haven't lost a leg either, which is pretty damn good for 30 + years of the condition!
And I bet you thought you would be a "clever clogs" with your question too, wrong, you are not clever!! ;) ;) ;) Only rude!
Andy

Darren Hayward

Pedelecer
Mar 25, 2015
That's pretty low mileage for a year. Have you left it stood down for 6 months without using it? It might just need a long hard ride to get everything moving freely. Although make it a long ride without going too far from home.

Darren

DALERST

May 28, 2020
That's pretty low mileage for a year. Have you left it stood down for 6 months without using it? It might just need a long hard ride to get everything moving freely. Although make it a long ride without going too far from home.

Darren
Thanks for reply, it is low mileage but has always been used throughout the year albeit only for a few miles at a time. Since lockdown its had much more hard use which is when the problem started coming to light.

I have contacted the dealer today and i now have to wait till mid July to grt it looked at, thats the earliest they can do the recommend not using it as well. Guess that my fun over for 6 weeks or more.