Bosch motors

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
what display do you have and what bike is it.

TedG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Lisburn Co Antrim Northern Ireland UK
I am currently as flexible as a tree so a change to a step through was necessary and the excellent Infinity is going :(
Not everyone's taste but the Gazelle Ultimate C380 ticked all my boxes.
Not in stock so had to be ordered but I specified it to have the 75nm motor and 625 battery and that was agreed but I am now wary after reading many reviews that the 65nm version motor seems to be lurking about and will be on my good friend's (less spec'd) Avignon with an Intuvia display ordered at the same time.
I need to know how to identify my motor when it arrives in 5 weeks.
The display on mine is Kiox 300.
Shop is professional and an official Gazelle dealer so I should trust them but I wasn't born last weekend.
Thanks for any info.
Ted.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Performance line CX 75 NM https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/products/performance-line-cx50834

Performance line 65 NM https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/products/performance-line50835

I've just got a CX motored bike and after 10 years on a Bosch classic, I am very happy with the performance on Eco, anything higher and I'd be straight up to the speed limiter, I'm loving the lack of drag above 16 mph also. On my first proper ride it did 20 miles and 2,000 ft of climbing on 20% of the battery, so a 100 mile range with 10,000 ft of climbing from just 500wh.

Edited to say actually I'm wrong and the CX is 85 nm, it looks like the new performance line 75 nm one is the one with the smart system.

Last edited:
Reactions: TedG

TedG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Lisburn Co Antrim Northern Ireland UK
Those two are noticeably different but the performance line motors look the same and no obvious way to tell which is 65 and which is 75 - to the untrained eye.
I was optimistically thinking about some plate signifying which power unit it was otherwise how does one ever know.
With my physical issues I need every help I can get these days.

I am currently hanging on the idea that the displays being different on both these Gazelle bikes may be a clue - the Intuvia one (Avignon) being 65 and the Kiox 300 (mine) being 75.

Dealer assures me that the bike coming is as ordered.

• Agree
Reactions: Artstu

OleP

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 9, 2020
The display on mine is Kiox 300.
If the display on your new bike is Kiox 300, it has the Bosch "Smart System" and the Performance Line DU (Drive Unit) has 75 Nm of torque.
Components from "old" system are not compatible with "New system", e.g. cable plugs and sockets are completely different.

Reactions: TedG