Bosch PowerPack not connecting to bike

millcourt

Just Joined
Jul 20, 2019
Tried to connect one of my batteries today, and the bike would not turn on.

Tried my second battery and it worked fine, so it's not the bike. Faulty battery is showing full charge, and lights up normally when connected to charger. Connectors looks fine also. Both are Bosch PowerPack 400's

Anyone got any ideas? Tried resetting battery, same thing happens.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Logically, it's a comms fault. It'll have to go on a Bosch battery tester to find the fault code.

Darren Hayward

Pedelecer
Mar 25, 2015
Just to clarify. You turn on the display (mines an Intuvio) and the display lights up and shows the distance travelled but NOT the miles per hour, nor will it turn on the lights etc. It's like the display is not connected to the bike but being held in your hand. This has happened to me twice. After removing and replacing the display a few times it corrected itself the first time. The second time I rode about a mile to work and it started working on its own. I too have a second battery and it did occur to me it's only when the second battery is in use that it happens but it hasn't happened for a while so I can't confirm that. If it is this same problem it should sort itself out.

Why this is happening I don't know. If I need to use both batteries on a trip I make sure I use the newer one first, just in case. Possibly a software update could be the answer. Although start by cleaning all the connectors.

Darren