Bosch Range

Nothgiel

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 15, 2019
IMG_0733.jpg

Bosch Active Line Plus 500Whr battery in Tour mode I am getting an estimated 70Km on 100% Charge.

Today I cycled 18.25 miles in hilly terrain which used 32% of the battery that means the actual range is (18.25/32)*100=57Miles 91km

My weight is 90kg the bike and tools is 26kg riding on touring tyres.

Using the online calculator I get 94km

https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/service/range-assistant/

eBike-range-assistant.jpg

Reactions: kingsknight

M. Tartiflette

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2019
I get roughly the same with the same battery/motor combination. Mine fell off the bike when I turned it upside down to make an adjustment after returning from the shop after buying it (the lock isn't very secure - not sure if this is just mine or they're all like this, though I suspect the latter). I was a little concerned I might have impacted its' performance. Though apparently not, judging from your stats.

I went on a 65km ride the other day with well over 1,000 metres ascending and I'd just begun the fifth bar on my return (I had been relatively careful not to use Sport or Turbo too much).

When I charge the battery it gives a range of 132kms in Eco, which of course diminishes swiftly in use on hills.

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
I got 30.5 miles in hilly country in the N York moors last week. Mind you 10 of those miles were towing an older ebike that had given up the ghost at 20 miles ;)
Mike

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
pretty good real world range. that calculator thing is pretty useless
I find the calculator a pretty useful guide (even for non-Bosch bikes); main issue is that it is very vague about 'hilly', 'uplands'. And indeed it seems to have been pretty much right in the original post. It is the estimated range left on the Intuvia that I find almost useless; based on much too short a recent history.

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
I agree. I'd swap the whole estimated range thing on the Intuvia for a battery indicator that showed % remaining, like on, for example, every smartphone ever.

I did 70km yesterday, mostly with motor off or on Eco. Had 5 bars (but not full) at start and had just dropped to 3 bars by the end.

But whether I used say 22% or 40% simply isn't clear.

It doesn't matter in normal use in terms of actually running out, as I'd never do that, but having no real way to get a good handle on average km/W for various trip types is a little frustrating...