Bosch sprocket help.

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
Whilst helping a friend remove the Bosch motor sprocket from his Haibike Hardseven Sduro we found that the chain guard ring was part of the sprocket. This part is very expensive but I don’t see why we can’t fit separates which will be much cheaper. Rather than a flat sprocket like I have on my motor will he need one with some sort of spacer to space out the chain guard and are these available?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
sduro is for Yamaha and xduro is for bosch but yes a standerd sprocket will work if you have the original lock ring that is 2 times the thickness of normal ones.

i put a pic in the other thread.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
sduro is for Yamaha and xduro is for bosch
Hmmm. Triple check that one, because while this certainly WAS the way haibike used to differentiate the range, I have a nasty recollection that they went and did something stupid and changed the naming convention, so it then became something like Sduro was for a lower end of the range, and the Xduro for higher spec bikes, or something like that. Irrespective of whether it was Yamaha/Bosch. Crazy.

But then I might be wrong and it was just a bad dream on my part ....

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Hmmm. Triple check that one, because while this certainly WAS the way haibike used to differentiate the range, I have a nasty recollection that they went and did something stupid and changed the naming convention, so it then became something like Sduro was for a lower end of the range, and the Xduro for higher spec bikes, or something like that. Irrespective of whether it was Yamaha/Bosch. Crazy.

But then I might be wrong and it was just a bad dream on my part ....
no you are right they have changed it but it was like that at the start as says xduro on my frame and back then the Yamaha bikes were cheaper than the bosch ones buy a lot but cant say that these days lol as now all crazy prices :rolleyes:

a haibike sprocket is £90-120 balls to that:eek:

• Agree
Reactions: GLJoe

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
no you are right they have changed it but it was like that at the start as says xduro on my frame and back then the Yamaha bikes were cheaper than the bosch ones buy a lot but cant say that these days lol as now all crazy prices :rolleyes:

a haibike sprocket is £90-120 balls to that:eek:
The bike is a 4.0 Hardsevern and it says Sduro on the chainstay. It has a Bosch CX motor.
I have found a sprocket with a 3mm offset can this be used with an ordinary chain guard screwed up to the offsett collar? These are £15 and £24 and the guard can be re-used.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you dont need a chain guard all you need is a lock ring that is thick enough to secure the sprocket.

different frames have different geometry so have different chain lines why they have off set sprockets in the first place.

all you can do is try it and see if it works or not.

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
you dont need a chain guard all you need is a lock ring that is thick enough to secure the sprocket.

different frames have different geometry so have different chain lines why they have off set sprockets in the first place.

all you can do is try it and see if it works or not.
OK thank you

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
The bike is a 4.0 Hardsevern and it says Sduro on the chainstay. It has a Bosch CX motor.
I have found a sprocket with a 3mm offset can this be used with an ordinary chain guard screwed up to the offsett collar? These are £15 and £24 and the guard can be re-used.
Any chance of an update on this? I'm trying to find out whether Haibike users with the Bosch motors (with the small 15/16 type tooth cog) are stuck having to buy the rather expensive proprietary Haibike replacement part, or is there a workaround where you can use the MUCH cheaper generic options?