Bosch systems and the potential of an app they don't have.

SAN

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 3, 2019

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
imo you wont see the kiox app now until the end of the year when the 2020 bikes start showing up.

tho dealers wont be able to charge anymore for software updates as you will be able to do it ur self ;)

mark_north

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 6, 2019
Started thinking about a wish list for an app....
Apart from the obvious health, navigation and messaging stuff, it would be good if they showed you how far ahead or behind your friends were when out riding in a group (obviously just the ones with the app installed). .
Would be handy to have the app calculate the likely percentage of battery left on arrival at your destination based on your typical propensity to select eco or turbo on hills flats etc.
Also a wee reminder in the evening to charge your battery if it’s below a certain percentage at the end of the trip.
An indicator of the long term health of your Bosch battery.
An indicator of the health of your Bosch drive unit and when it needs maintenance.
Alerts from dark sky app displayed on your screen when it foresees rain ahead.
Reminder to store your battery inside of the weather is going to be cold.
A trip duration calculator that is way better than google maps now that you can climb hills faster than 90 percent of most cyclists.
A list of coffee shops and hotels that have Bosch chargers for use by their customers.
Would be handy to order coffees and a bacon rolll in advance of arriving at cafe rather having to wait 20 mins. I can dream....;-)
Location of nearest secure bike holder (if only there were any)

What else would be good ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
I want to keep my e-bike and my phone separate... And HRM's out of it altogether I'm back using perceived rate of exertion than some 70-80% zone nonsense etc... In fact I'm going to start using my Nikon AW110 camera when out and about again as it's more robust and easier to use than a "smart"phone! Intuvia has enough info, just a pity the A4 size probably accounts for 10% of the battery usage...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
tbh the intuvia display is crap and limited to what stem you can use purion is way better and you can dim the back light less waight and would take less damage in a crash.