Bottom bracket nuts

DannyK

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2008
Brecon Mid Wales
Yesterday I bought a Shimano bottom bracket sealed unit at my local cycle shop Drovers Cycles in Hay on Wye and paid the full price for it £22.99 When I realized I needed a special spanner to do up the nuts I returned to the shop with the bike and asked if they would tighten the nuts, they did and charged me £7.50 for their 5 minute effort. I won't be going back!

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Yesterday I bought a Shimano bottom bracket sealed unit at my local cycle shop Drovers Cycles in Hay on Wye and paid the full price for it £22.99 When I realized I needed a special spanner to do up the nuts I returned to the shop with the bike and asked if they would tighten the nuts, they did and charged me £7.50 for their 5 minute effort. I won't be going back!
Whenever I have a problem like this I find my local halfords to be the most helpful. They have been willing to small jobs like this and have never charged me...

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, Halfords are very good for that sort of thing. The BB would have been cheaper too.

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
I am fairly close to Hay-on-Wye and visit quite regularly. I have suddenly gone off giving that store any of my custom.

Now, if they'd tightened the nuts for me or gone out of their way to help, then I'm sure I could have bought something small from them to thank them for their time, and returned in the future.

Thanks for the heads-up...