Help! Bought “New” Bike Which Arrived Damaged

D

Deleted member 25121

I'd try emailing them again or phoning them, it's possible that they're simply mislaid your earlier communication. Most companies and individuals respond well if given the chance...

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thanks for clarifying. I think that brings us to three possibilities;
1. You live outside the UK so they tried to pull a fast one to get rid of their ex-demo bike.
2. They made a genuine mistake and got their bikes mixed up. Not likely, but maybe someone ordered the ex-demo and is now looking at a brand new one, and he can't believe his luck.
3. They don't care

I'd simply send them an e-mail and explain that you believe that you have their ex-demo bike instead of a new one, and ask them what they can do to get you what you ordered. Don't try and complicate it by going into details. You only need to mention the 100 miles on the clock, which is pretty difficult for them to explain.

I think I'm right in saying that if you order anything mail order, you can simply change your mind within 14 days of delivery and cancel the contract. I don't know how that works if you're not in UK but the supplier is. if you paid by Paypal or credit card, you're covered by them. Whatever you do, don't leave it too late. Maybe they're ignoring you so that your options and protections time-out.

Please let us know how this develops.

Sorry for casting aspersions previously, but we do get a lot of people on this forum with similar stories, but they omit salient facts that come out later and paint a completely different picture, so my first reactions are always skepticism.

Last edited:

Touring Optimist

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 30, 2019
It is possible that they have sent me the wrong bike as the packing document enclosed which includes a check list that the bike is all present and correct has a different number to my original order number.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 25121

It is possible that they have sent me the wrong bike as the packing document enclosed which includes a check list that the bike is all present and correct has a different number to my original order number.
That's certainly worth raising with them, you may be able to negotiate a partial refund or an ungraded display.

Edit - UPGRADED display!!

Last edited: