Brake calliper rubs on the hub motor

Dumsterdave

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 17, 2016
copenhagen
I got a new Cyclotricity rear hub motor and tried to install my avid juicy 7s on it, but the calliper is too wide and rubs on the hub... there simply is not enough space between the disc and hub. What can i do? i have 160mm discs on now and cant go any larger. w

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can get adaptors to fit bigger discs mine has 203 front and back.

or take a grinder to the calliper ?

Dumsterdave

May 17, 2016
copenhagen
you can get adaptors to fit bigger discs mine has 203 front and back.

or take a grinder to the calliper ?
I did buy an adapter for 203mm rotors, but then i found out that my bike cant support rotors that large. if i start to grind the back of the calliper wont i cut into it and brake fluid come out?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it depends how thick it is so is a risk doing that or just get a calliper that will work with it.

prob help if you can post some pics.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I did buy an adapter for 203mm rotors, but then i found out that my bike cant support rotors that large.

from that pic i cant see why a 203 or180mm adaptor will not fit, why do you think the bike cant take it?

you are adding more waight to it with a motor so best to have bigger discs to cope with it.

Dumsterdave

May 17, 2016
copenhagen
I did buy an adapter for 203mm rotors, but then i found out that my bike cant support rotors that large.

from that pic i cant see why a 203 or180mm adaptor will not fit, why do you think the bike cant take it?

you are adding more waight to it with a motor so best to have bigger discs to cope with it.
heres a few more pics.. as you can see the disc rotor is very near the chainstay.

Attachments

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yeah you stuffed rotor size only option is to try grind off some of the calliper or get 1 that fits better.

might get away with grinding it,might not.