Brake pads?

Anniiebella

Just Joined
Oct 27, 2020
Hi. I’m looking to replace brake pads on my voodoo bizango e bike. - 2019 I bought it. 29” wheel.

halfords have no clue which ones. Erm, neither do I. How do I find out the right pads? There’s hundreds to chose from. Nothing in the manual. Can’t find it on google search.

help very much appreciated.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Remove the pads and show us we will be able to id the type used.
A lot of brands use generic pad shapes and one of the common types used is the Shimano B01S pad.

Reactions: Anniiebella

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi. I’m looking to replace brake pads on my voodoo bizango e bike. - 2019 I bought it. 29” wheel.

halfords have no clue which ones. Erm, neither do I. How do I find out the right pads? There’s hundreds to chose from. Nothing in the manual. Can’t find it on google search.

The shapes are all standard, but here are a few common shapes, then a load of other ones. Take one off and show us the shape. You can get them all from Ebay dead cheap. Halfords will be expensive.

According to the Halfords listing, it has Shimano BL-M315 brakes, so these will be the pads, but you need to check just in case they changed them. These Halfords guys must be stupid. It took me 10 seconds to find that on their website.

Last edited:

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020

A picture of your caliper and brake lever units, might give us a clue to what make they are..... and suggest pads to fit?

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
I really cant believe Halfrauds sell the bike but give the OP any idea of the replacement pads.

What a crock Halfords really are!

Anniiebella

Just Joined
Oct 27, 2020
The shapes are all standard, but here are a few common shapes, then a load of other ones. Take one off and show us the shape. You can get them all from Ebay dead cheap. Halfords will be expensive.

According to the Halfords listing, it has Shimano BL-M315 brakes, so these will be the pads, but you need to check just in case they changed them. these Halfords guys must be stupid. it took me 10 seconds to find that on their website.
Thanks. I have no clue when comes to bikes. My hubby expected Halfords to know. We didn’t realise the pads are numbered so when he took it off. Says Bo1s so he is off back to the shop to be a d””k with said boy!

Anniiebella

Just Joined
Oct 27, 2020
Said pads have come off and says BO1S we had no idea they was printed on actual pads. After blowing his top at the boy and storming home to take it of and take to the shop he was bit stunned to realise they are stamped. Thank you all for help. We got new discs and other bits from eBay so il check there now for pads.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Check your brake rotors as a lot will have 'resin' etched on them, if so you need resin or organic B01S pads. Resin/organic are softer pad material, pad materials differ and semi or full metal pads are available they quickly will glaze over and squeal like a pig giving little or no brake effect with resin marked rotors.