Brand new Electric Tandem

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
Moving premises in two weeks so still having a bit of a clear out.This big bad boy could do with a loving couple to care for it. £500 its a bargain! I think it must be buyer collects as I havent a clue how we'd deliver the beast!

Attachments

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
no replies! Dapu(sh) motor etc ,Panasonic battery. Two peeps can ride on half of the price of the cheapest Bafang Wisper !

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
no replies! Dapu(sh) motor etc ,Panasonic battery. Two peeps can ride on half of the price of the cheapest Bafang Wisper !
I'd love it if I knew of anyone I could inveigle into riding with me on a regular basis, but that's the inherent problem with a tandem - you have to have exactly two riders at all times. An electric one is a niche product in a niche market. Not helpful, I know, but it might be marginally better than being totally ignored.

Rog.

Clarkey

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2009
I'd love it if I knew of anyone I could inveigle into riding with me on a regular basis, but that's the inherent problem with a tandem - you have to have exactly two riders at all times. An electric one is a niche product in a niche market. Not helpful, I know, but it might be marginally better than being totally ignored.

Rog.
I used to really enjoy riding a tandem solo, very comfy. You could always whip out the stoker seatpost and put on a long rack a la extracycle or a yuba mundo.

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
Bigbee: A PM is winging its way with a possible solution.
(Possible, not probable. ;))

Colin

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Coming back from France recently in the camper we saw a couple on I think a non electric tandem and they where flying along! the speed was incredible......

Vikki

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2009
It is a cracking looking bike, though. Gorgeous.

Vikki.

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Moving premises in two weeks so still having a bit of a clear out.This big bad boy could do with a loving couple to care for it. £500 its a bargain! I think it must be buyer collects as I havent a clue how we'd deliver the beast!
Drat and trudget! If only we didn't have a tandem (as yet unpowered) sitting idle in the shed for lack of a motor ...
Hope you find a good home for it.
Tom

Steveu

Pedelecer
Nov 13, 2007
Oxfordshire
electric tandem

Bigbee

This is intriguing - I might be intrested but would like more info. Whereabouts are you (and the tandem). What make is it - where was it purchased?

Steve

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
Bigbee

This is intriguing - I might be intrested but would like more info. Whereabouts are you (and the tandem). What make is it - where was it purchased?

Steve
Its our own FREERIDER brand.Ive shelved the plans for now as Im concentrating on our bikes and conversion kits with central crank motors.

Electric Bicycles from The Electric Bike Centre

were at RG45 6AD but are moving to GU10 5PY next week.We have a van if people arent too far away.