Brexit, for once some facts.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Is there anyone, or anything, you agree with?
Yes Peter, there are many. Just for starters, I agree with everything Nye Bevan had to say, particularly about people like you, dyed-in-the-wool tories with no compassion for other human beings.

lower-than-vermin.jpg

Today, the same type of creatures Bevan railed against still exist and are hell-bent on destroying Bevan's greatest legacy.

Here is their current leader lying about the qualities of the current Health Secretary:

23621439_1624400684247728_6933291027372909545_n.png

Here is another of the evil, money-grabbing scum who has no compassion for people but occupying a position in a well-intentioned organisation purely for his own financial interest:
23622477_920502131442041_2327110132265046833_n.jpg

Now, back to the kind of person I admire - the common man:

Tom

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Yes Peter, there are many. Just for starters, I agree with everything Nye Bevan had to say, particularly about people like you, dyed-in-the-wool tories with no compassion for other human beings.

View attachment 22179

Today, the same type of creatures Bevan railed against still exist and are hell-bent on destroying Bevan's greatest legacy.

Here is their current leader lying about the qualities of the current Health Secretary:

View attachment 22180

Here is another of the evil, money-grabbing scum who has no compassion for people but occupying a position in a well-intentioned organisation purely for his own financial interest:
View attachment 22181

Now, back to the kind of person I admire - the common man:

Tom
Getting personal again I note! People like you simply prey on the insecurities and fears of others and offer absolutely nothing good in return. You and your ilk would bankrupt this country in order to prove a point. Fortunately, we have a system of Government that would seem to prevent this ever happening, or at least one that prevents it reaching its ultimate conclusion.

Forgive me, I don't have the time to trawl the internet for more pictures.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the independent
The words of Davis
"
Britain’s vote to leave the EU has left many Europeans with “doubts about what kind of country we are” following last year’s vote to leave the bloc, the Brexit Secretary says.

Speaking to an audience in Berlin, David Davis insisted that the UK did not want to isolate itself after withdrawal and that the UK was “the same country that we’ve always been” – as he spelled out his vision for a bespoke, comprehensive trade deal between Britain and the EU covering services as well as goods.

The minister also insisted that the decision to leave the single market and customs union was not an “ideological” one and that the UK had decided to quit the economic bloc out of respect for the indivisibility of the EU’s four freedoms."

Can anyone explain the section I marked in bold?
Apart from the fact it is clearly a Blatant lie which is obvious!
No wonder we can't cut a deal when this idiot is the front man in our negotiating team.
You might just as well send Boris to balls the job up.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Why wasn't the money taken from the Bankers rather than the poor?
And why are none of the Bankers in Jail for what they did?
Good god OG! That kind of anarchistic approach would render the UK as like one of those foreign countries like Iceland which just does things that are simply not British.........oh, hang on!

Tom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
People like you simply prey on the insecurities and fears of others and offer absolutely nothing good in return. You and your ilk would bankrupt this country in order to prove a point.
You were doing well up to this point , a very apt description of the Tory voters
But then you lost the plot completely

"Fortunately, we have a system of Government that would seem to prevent this ever happening, or at least one that prevents it reaching its ultimate conclusion."

This wonderful system you described failed to stop a group of Tory nutters forcing a referendum on the rest of them didn't it? and now they are making matters worse with their demands to walk away from the negotiations.

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
The minister also insisted that the decision to leave the single market and customs union was not an “ideological” one and that the UK had decided to quit the economic bloc out of respect for the indivisibility of the EU’s four freedoms."

Can anyone explain the section I marked in bold?
Not difficult, I'll give you another hour to work it out for yourself. If you can't then I wonder what that says about you?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It's more likely you, OG that needs to lighten up. I didn't write it nor did I offer it as being my thoughts. However, I'm sure that many people think this way and I respect that viewpoint. There was much in that piece that did ring true, at this point in time.
Wrong on all counts, why did you post the link? and not express you opinion on it? how can that be taken other than you approved the sentiment?
If people think this way then they strangers to the truth.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Not difficult, I'll give you another hour to work it out for yourself. If you can't then I wonder what that says about you?
The man is lying, surely that was obvious, Davis and co wanted Brexit to work a rip off on the nation, their ideology is completely against the well being of anyone other than the elite.
And they want to swindle the EU and continue trying to undermine it.
They are enemies of the state, disguising themselves as some sort of saviours.
This is remarkable when they have no plan and nothing to offer, except to the rich.
What does it say about me?
I'm not as gullible as you are.

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Wrong on all counts, why did you post the link? and not express you opinion on it? how can that be taken other than you approved the sentiment?
If people think this way then they strangers to the truth.
Unlike you it seems, I like to be informed and that does mean listening to the other points of view. Also, unlike you, I usually find that all is not B/W and there are parts that I can see the point being made and sometimes can agree with.

In your case that is a rare event, but it's happened, even rarer with OT of course.

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
The man is lying, surely that was obvious, Davis and co wanted Brexit to work a rip off on the nation, their ideology is completely against the well being of anyone other than the elite.
And they want to swindle the EU and continue trying to undermine it.
They are enemies of the state, disguising themselves as some sort of saviours.
This is remarkable when they have no plan and nothing to offer, except to the rich.
What a strange, but not unexpected, conclusion. So, if it does make sense, it must be an evil plot to hoodwink the idiots who vote for them? Just a little bit like Heads I win, Tails you lose. Remind me not to play Tiddlywinks with you.

• Dislike
Reactions: oldtom

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
What a strange, but not unexpected, conclusion. So, if it does make sense, it must be an evil plot to hoodwink the idiots who vote for them? Just a little bit like Heads I win, Tails you lose. Remind me not to play Tiddlywinks with you.
OG - How are we doing in keeping things / posts on topic?

• Dislike
Reactions: oldtom and Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Unlike you it seems, I like to be informed and that does mean listening to the other points of view. Also, unlike you, I usually find that all is not B/W and there are parts that I can see the point being made and sometimes can agree with.

In your case that is a rare event, but it's happened, even rarer with OT of course.
Throughout you have not done the things you have claimed have you? here was an example of you posting a link then denying you supported the content.
And you fall back on this one upmanship tack to cover your mistake.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
of course it will appear strange to you.
The truth and Conservative thinking have little or nothing in common, do they?

Georgew

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2016
Fife Scotland
@PeterL
Now I know that all this can have nothing to do with Tory austerity policies.......but I suspect that soon you will be driving a larger Food Bank van.

"The paper found that there were 45,000 more deaths in the first four years of Tory-led efficiencies than would have been expected if funding had stayed at pre-election levels.

On this trajectory that could rise to nearly 200,000 excess deaths by the end of 2020, even with the extra funding that has been earmarked for public sector services this year."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/tory-austerity-deaths-study-report-people-die-social-care-government-policy-a8057306.html

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

Advertisers