Brexit, for once some facts.

BrendanJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 6, 2016
Cheshire
Well Cameron didnt know about the referendum being only advisory,he also didnt know about how to trigger Article 50,he had been in the job for 6 years.
Boris and Davis have only had the job for a day,I bet they dont.
Seems like the whole lot of the conservative party need to go off to law school.
KudosDave
What a load of old baloney, where on earth do you get all this from. Well guys you can all agree, like and smilie at each other until the cows come home but it doesn't make it so.
As there appears only remainers left to smooch with each other I will regretfully Not, now leave the thread. If you are still at it in two years time I may pay a visit to say hello, but regret I won't be taking answers or insults from here on in
Enjoy the negativity and pessimism whilst it lasts, and have a good ( no surely should be miserable ) life.
We are all leavers now!!! Don't forget

• Agree
  • :D
Reactions: tillson and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
What a load of old baloney, where on earth do you get all this from. Well guys you can all agree, like and smilie at each other until the cows come home but it doesn't make it so.
As there appears only remainers left to smooch with each other I will regretfully Not, now leave the thread. If you are still at it in two years time I may pay a visit to say hello, but regret I won't be taking answers or insults from here on in
Enjoy the negativity and pessimism whilst it lasts, and have a good ( no surely should be miserable ) life.
Doing a Cameron, Boris and Gove on us? why not they had the sense to give up flogging a dead horse.
Well at least you are proving that you are a Leaver. and unable to continue as the going is too rough, off you go then with our best wishes, and for your information it is by no means certain that anyone will end up being a leaver is it? have a smiley on me :D

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Go ahead and leave. Bye.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If you are still at it in two years time I may pay a visit to say hello,
I think the exhaustion will set in well before two years Brendan, I give it less than six months for the whole country to be thoroughly sick of the subject. I pity the negotiators who will be stuck with it much longer.

Reactions: oldtom

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
if I am not mistaken, Ceta rules require the product (eg Brompton bike) to be entirely made in the country (UK) to avoid backdoor assembly and re-export, impossible for a lot of industrial products. Key agricultural products are also excluded. I wonder how far David Davis will go down this model.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
How can this be reconciled....Theresa May has said that she cannot trigger Article 50 until an approach to suit the whole UK is developed. But Nicola Sturgeon has said that whilst England and Wales have voted ' means Brexit',Scotland,Northern Ireland and Gibraltar have all voted 'Remain means Remain' and she will do everything to keep Scotland in the EU.
Interesting problem for May to overcome ,no wonder she visited Scotland so early,plus all the other problems that seem impossible to overcome.
Kudoscycles

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
if I am not mistaken, Ceta rules require the product (eg Brompton bike) to be entirely made in the country (UK) to avoid backdoor assembly and re-export, impossible for a lot of industrial products. Key agricultural products are also excluded. I wonder how far David Davis will go down this model.
That will be interesting trying to sell Chinese made product into the EU?
KudosDave

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Might be a bit of a problem there, my Brompton has Dutch and American Wheel rims, German Tyres, German 3 speed hub, Japanese Chain, chainwheel, and sprockets.Brakes are Japanese too and a chinese Hub motor , control system and battery, with an American Saddle, and a Japanese Dynamo.
And It's described as being from
"The last all British Cycle Manufacturer" You can't beat buying British can you?:rolleyes:
PS. I Think the powder coating is British and the stick on badges too. (both coming off)
The Brake blocks are British (Fibrax) but poor, so I changed them to Swisstop which are much better.
The old saying is
"That's Good and original my boy
But the parts that are good aren't original
And the parts that are original aren't good"
Style of thing :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Croxden and trex

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it's not certain that Ceta is going to be ratified. The EU wants visa free travels to Canada for Bulgarians and Romanians. Canada opposes.
One thing that brexiters may not know about Ceta is the secret administrative Court system, similar to TTIP, allowing big businesses to sue governements for unfair treatments, eg access to NHS internal market.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I wonder if at any time since the Norman invasion of 1066 any government of the country has had 48% (and now likely more) opposed to the direction it is committed to taking the country?

Yet confidently announces it is going to ignore such a large element of the population?
All on the basis of a Referendum with no legal status?

52% of the voters presently supporting them are already wary of the sort of interpretation the Government will put of future trade agreements with the EU, and less that happy that what they thought were promises made to them have evaporated and proved to be lies.

Now it seems they are going to spend money we don't have to impress the voters as they dare not impose necessary taxation as that would disprove the story that Osborne was waging "Project Fear"

If that is not a very very dodgy state of affairs for the future peace of the population, then I can't imagine what is.

Mar 9, 2016
You thick fecker OG..it was 48% of voters...as normall full of BS, must have limitless supply...just like fool who has blamed Turkey's coup on Brecxit....must be related to OG...

Forum bullies really have had a field day on this thread...

• Disagree
Reactions: Croxden

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You thick fecker OG..it was 48% of voters...as normall full of BS, must have limitless supply...just like fool who has blamed Turkey's coup on Brecxit....must be related to OG...

Forum bullies really have had a field day on this thread...
Morning Flud, diplomatic as usual I see, and just how even using your strange sense of humour, can you disagree with my post,The referendum was mentioned and I deliberately didn't mention the non voting public as i suspected some clown would jump out at that, as we can't assume they would be for or against can we?
And i did mention 52% of the voters supported them didn't I?
And just where have I mentioned the situation in Turkey?
Are you denying that my statement wasn't simply the truth?
And then as the final act of comedy, you try one of your pathetic attacks on me, and complain about Forum Bullies.
Excellent! you really didn't have to prove you are one, did you.
As I said some clown has jumped out.
Do have a nice day.

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
flud, how long do you think May can hold on to power?
if the conservative can't form the next goverment on their own, what chance is brexit happening? next to zero.

Mar 9, 2016
Are you two bored with life or just delusionally obsessed with posting.
You both seem to think posting same old BS Tim after time seems to add validity to your points. I,venot counted but OG must have posted 500 times on this thread..Thats enough words for a thesis or longish short story...would be quite repititive in mature, same point again and again... Between you with help of Derf you,ve hounded off thread folk who were making good points to both sides of argument. Yes, it is a form of bullying. You both just adore arguing, you,ve obviously nothing better to do.

Mar 9, 2016
How about just trying a different tack...how could eu help ? What could they be doing ? Where should they start ? What should they be looking at...?
Because to date eu have done feck all to alleviate migrant problem, conflicts, terrorism, social injustice or poverty..they are just like this thread...full of hot air and offering no real help...to anyone..

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
A little humour provided by Liam Fox, who appears to be wanting to give Boris a run for his money
"Liam had attended a reception in Westminster, where he had enchanted fellow guests with a brilliant joke. Question: “What do you call three dogs and a blackbird?” Answer: “The Spice Girls.”
And the joker who minutes after Boris was elected Foreign Secretary posted on the fence outside his house.
"Sorry World"
Good old Boris!
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2016/jul/14/boris-johnson-insults-gaffes-and-apologies-video-profile

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Are you two bored with life or just delusionally obsessed with posting.
You both seem to think posting same old BS Tim after time seems to add validity to your points. I,venot counted but OG must have posted 500 times on this thread..Thats enough words for a thesis or longish short story...would be quite repititive in mature, same point again and again... Between you with help of Derf you,ve hounded off thread folk who were making good points to both sides of argument. Yes, it is a form of bullying. You both just adore arguing, you,ve obviously nothing better to do.
Good points? Such as? And aside from making personal remarks, what exactly have you contributed?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
How about just trying a different tack...how could eu help ? What could they be doing ? Where should they start ? What should they be looking at...?
Because to date eu have done feck all to alleviate migrant problem, conflicts, terrorism, social injustice or poverty..they are just like this thread...full of hot air and offering no real help...to anyone..
You really should look at the legislation passed that has benefited the public before making absurd remarks like that and compare it with the dire performance of our own parliament in that regard.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: trex and flecc

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Let's rewind a bit and take a fresh look at this.

The country has held a referendum regarding our continued membership of the EU. The result was a majority decision to leave. It doesn't matter what the percentages are, the larger percentage was on the leave side. That's how it works. One vote separation would be legitimate.

Now that's the first bit sorted. Lets now turn to a group of bicycle enthusiasts pontificating over the legality of the process, what the politicians might not have thought about and what the consequences of leaving may be. This is too ridiculous for words. For good or for bad, we are exiting the EU.

Next, the question of whether we intended to vote leave. YouGov, famed for disasterously inaccurate opinion polls asked less than 0.07% of the out voters what they thought. KTM guy asked some of his mates, someone else on here asked a few old men on s golf course and haven't the BBC been poking around in some god-foreseen sh!thole seaside town? Hardly conclusive is it?

Let's just get used to the fact that we voted to leave EU and that as a result we are leaving the EU. It's dead simple.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: oldgroaner and RobF

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I don't see it that way Tillson. Members are entitled to defend their views, regarless of the result of the referendum or who is the current PM. At present, we are nowhere near the tipping point. PM May has many enemies, a tiny majority in parliament and no mandate, she could go tomorrow or the day after. The mantra 'we are all leavers now' is not only factually incorrect, it's also proof that brexiters are doubting that the next government will continue taking us out of the EU.
I personally think that if there is a second referendum now, the result may be reversed. If there is fresh election, Corbyn is going to be the next PM or a coalition SNP + Labour will be in charge. The next government is unlikely for brexit. If article 50 is triggered, England can leave if she wants to, Scotland will leave the union, remain in the EU and will prosper as the new finance capital of Europe.
Brexit is only a blip.

Last edited:

Advertisers