Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
BBC news was interesting tonight,they had a post Brexit vote report from Hartlepool...the people voted strongly leave,they all said that they voted leave because they thought that would generate more jobs,more houses,opening of a closed hospital.....I just don't understand how Brexit is going to achieve what they want?
Do others think that Brexit will give the people of Hartlepool what they want.

Amanda Rudd,Home Secretary,said that she was discussing with the councils how the 20,000 Syrian refugees that we have committed to are to be distributed around the UK....Kent will take 600,Sussex 500 ......
How does that balance with cutting back on EE migrants.
KudosDave
Perhaps some imbeciles put ideas like that across so convincingly the citizens of Hartlepool mistook them for promises?

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Brits dont want to do these jobs any more,the country will fall apart without these EE workers.
KudosDave
I agree, and that is a fault with the benefits system. I realise the benefits system isn't the fault of the EU, but as part of withdrawing from Europe, the Government needs to overhaul the benefits system as well.

There are too many able bodied young people loafing around on benefits or attending a building which is now called a university, paying £9000 a year to get a "degree" in a subject that is absolutely no use whatsoever.

These people could be doing the essential jobs and be happily employed with a sense of purpose. Not all of mummy's little snowflakes can turn out to be academics. We just need to cream off the top 10% and invest in them for the future.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
"Theresa May has declared without hesitation that she would order a nuclear strike to kill hundreds of thousands of people if she thought it was necessary."
We can all sleep safer in our beds now we know the country is run by a totally inhuman loony.
As with all such logic, perhaps it has escaped her attention that the result would not simply be the deaths of the people she has targeted, but the end of the history of not merely our nation but all others too?
70 million of our own people dead at the order of this woman? and she gives a glib yes as an answer? if she thought it was necessary.
And in who's name is she acting? not mine!
Totally unfit to run a Whelk stall.
The Goodness is truly flowing isn't it?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I agree, and that is a fault with the benefits system. I realise the benefits system isn't the fault of the EU, but as part of withdrawing from Europe, the Government needs to overhaul the benefits system as well.

There are too many able bodied young people loafing around on benefits or attending a building which is now called a university, paying £9000 a year to get a "degree" in a subject that is absolutely no use whatsoever.

These people could be doing the essential jobs and be happily employed with a sense of purpose. Not all of mummy's little snowflakes can turn out to be academics. We just need to cream off the top 10% and invest in them for the future.
So education is really a waste of money for the plebs, eh Tillson?
Great idea that, lets keep it for the wealthy and the party faithful, and the offspring of the old boys network.
How are you going to find the top 10% ?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I think France will be following us out the door and they will be holding it open for Holland.

Its over.
the mess we are currently in spooked them a little bit. They will wait until Mrs May makes brexit a success before the NF make their move.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
"Theresa May has declared without hesitation that she would order a nuclear strike to kill hundreds of thousands of people if she thought it was necessary."
We can all sleep safer in our beds now we know the country is run by a totally inhuman loony.
As with all such logic, perhaps it has escaped her attention that the result would not simply be the deaths of the people she has targeted, but the end of the history of not merely our nation but all others too?
70 million of our own people dead at the order of this woman? and she gives a glib yes as an answer? if she thought it was necessary.
I'm delighted to hear her make this statement. This restores the stalemate with any would be aggressor knowing that an attack by them will result in their total annihilation.

Would Germany have invaded Poland if the Polish had been equipped with a nuclear arsenal? No they would not and millions of lives would have been saved.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
So education is really a waste of money for the plebs, eh Tillson?
Great idea that, lets keep it for the wealthy and the party faithful, and the offspring of the old boys network.
How are you going to find the top 10% ?
Talented kids always surface. It's a case of reforming the state school system and restoring respect and discipline. An environment will then follow in which kids will achieve their full potential, whatever that may be.

Mar 9, 2016
flud, two things that make the exchange rate of the Pound moving up or down: balance of international payments and economic sentiment. Pre announcement of the referendum, the current account was already negative but less than -3%, the economic sentiment was that the UK did better than all other EU countries, so the Pound was a little stronger than its natural equilibrium (about $1.47). Since the referendum, the current account dives to -6% to -7% and the economic sentiment expects worse to come. The Pound tanks for those two reasons. Short term, only the shelving of brexit can change the sentiment and revive the Pound.
The cheap Pound is going to make imports expensive and reduce consumption of imported goods while stimulate sale of our best assets (biggest and best companies with earnings in $, nobody is interested in buying properties at the moment). The Pound will perk up a little when the deficit of the current account starts to go down.
Agreed trex, you are cottoning on. Nothing to do with brexit.

Mar 9, 2016

Education , especially post 16, became getting bums on seats to attract funding. Who,s bum and which seats didn't really matter. I had cases of " lecturing/ teaching" ( both relative exagertatiobs) Post A level standard material to kids who perhaps couldn't have passed 11 plus years ago..but then on other hand there is loads of young talent in UK..Its about fitting places to kids, or should be, and not vice versa. But I,ve been out 15 years or so...

• Agree
Reactions: tillson and flecc

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Agreed trex, you are cottoning on. Nothing to do with brexit.
I should have told you that brexit changes the economic sentiment, the world thinks it's too risky where we are heading, no good will come out of it for a few years at least so they sell sterling and take their money out. So yes, brexit causes weakening of sterling. BP is quite weak at the moment, good target.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
We are all agreed that the referendum was only advisory. 17 million advised that they wanted to leave,16 million advised that they wanted to stay.
If the leavers are so urgent to get us out why not put the vote of whether we stay or leave to parliament. After all parliament is sovereign,parliament has been democratically elected by the people.
Let parliament have a free vote on the decision.
Simple solution.
KudosDave

• Disagree
Reactions: mike killay

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
brexiters don't believe parliament is on their side.
The only way they can get it is by blackmailing Mrs May.

Mar 9, 2016
Great post OG, probably your best at demonstrating your limitless knowledge and appreciation of world politics...
How many holes can you get in your feet ?

Can you imagine what rest of world,both our enemies and friends; service personnel tasked with manning trident, builders of both it and its supply system, if May had replied to question
" oh no, I,d never give order to launch" ..there goes our nuclear deterent in one sentence. I,d call you names, but don't need to..
Its one of reasons Corbyn is unelectable, but time will tell.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
At 1 of Article 50,Treaty of Lisbon....
' any member state may decide to withdraw from the union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.
Leavers are placing a lot of faith in Theresa May's use of the Royal prerogative to take us out of the EU,but the Royal prerogative has rarely tried to exercise that power and in both cases statute has exceeded prerogative...
The case of proclamations,1610... Was decided that the King by his proclamation cannot change any part of the common law or statute.
The case of fire brigades Union,1995... It would be surprising if prerogative powers could be used to frustrate the will of parliament expressed in a statute.
If a judge sought prior cases,which from my expensive experience judges often do,then the 2 cases where the Royal prerogative was exposed and competed with a statute ,the statute was deemed the higher power.
If May tries to use the Royal Prerogative it will certainly be subject to judicial review,this allows the actions of ministers,including the PM,to be challenged in the courts on the basis that the PM did not have the power to act in such a way or that the action was unreasonable or the power was exercised in a procedural unfair way,whatever the outcome of the judicial review it will also be subject to appeal.
This case ,because it questions the constitutional arrangements of the U.K.,will undoubtably be heard ultimately by our Supreme Court,don't hold your breath this could run for many years( up to 2020,hehe)
KudosDave

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc

Advertisers