Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Agreed totally and even if we could solve all the issues isn't the point of the car to take somebody somewhere. Can't quite see how taking nobody somewhere is beneficial.
We have vehicles that do that now, and we all get to ride in one sooner or later.
There is a beneficial effect after all
preventing a terrible smell.

I believe such a vehicle is called a "Hearse"
And if the technology fails that's what these vehicles we are discussing end up being!
(perhaps they need an inbuilt cremation app?) :eek:

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Iain Banks always had a way with words and he also had great perception. He looked at the state of the UK under tory government for most of the last century and this is how he saw the problems afflicting society, particularly the poorest:

35357193_1785854958138944_1297019388259467264_n.png

Does anyone imagine that things will be better outside of the EU under such a lousy, corrupt system that magically returns a tory government in elections so frequently?

Tom

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Not here! Yay!

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Good to see you still posting, and from a safe location. A news item a little while ago announced a man's body had been found in a Hull street, he'd been murdered..

I do get a bit concerned after seeing some of your postings. :(
Don't concern yourself on that score compared with many of my contemporaries in Hull I'm considered the meekest and mildest of individuals,
diplomatic to a fault and with a very open handed attitude.

Admittedly around these parts it's relatively easy to give that impression, let me give an example. My youngest Daughter loves to wear 1950's style colourful dresses and a flower in her hair

She pulled up at the Humber Bridge Toll booth and the young man there in a mad fit of bravado said "Great clothes, are you going to a Fancy Dress party?"
I was astonished and asked her were you upset dear?
"No Dad" she smiled "I just asked him how he would like his legs broken."

She so takes after my mother bless her:cool:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Norwegians seem to like him, they nominated him for Nobel Peace Prize, mind you Blair got one...
The only Nobel Prize that he may get is of fake news.
He litterally popularises it.

Reactions: robdon

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Norwegians seem to like him, they nominated him for Nobel Peace Prize, mind you Blair got one...
Hardly typical, everyday Norwegians, as I understand:

Two far-right Norwegian politicians have nominated President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize, lauding his efforts to denuclearize North Korea.

Christian Tybring-Gjedde and Per-Willy Amundsen belong to Norway’s right-leaning Progressive Party, which favors small government and low taxes, and they hold anti-immigration and anti-Muslim views.

Advertisers