Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hard brexiters seem to be ready to shift the blame:

Liam Fox: no deal is now likely, 60-40. It's because of EU's intransigence.
Nigel Farage: come Autumn, the UK and EU establishment will launch a huge campaign to suspend A50.

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It would be a bit difficult for Tuffnells to come to collect the bikes for delivery.
Fit them with outrigger floats and employ Zlatan to promote a new exciting water sport.....:cool:
"AquaEbikes" remember where you saw it first!

It's this sort of thinking Brexit needs (or another nail in the coffin) :)

• :D
Reactions: robdon and Woosh

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Nigel Farage: come Autumn, the UK and EU establishment will launch a huge campaign to suspend A50.
I agree with the first part of Mr Fox's assertion, not the second.
I suspect that for once Mr farage has got it right... However the EU will not be the prime mover, it will or would seek to facilitate the UK if anyone in a position of authority was prepared to cry wolf, and stop being a lemming...

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Fit them with outrigger floats and employ Zlatan to promote a new exciting water sport.....:cool:
"AquaEbikes" remember where you saw it first!

It's this sort of thinking Brexit needs (or another nail in the coffin) :)
https://seabob.com/en/

These will pull anything... Starting at, £12k...bit on steep side... And probably better suited to Barbados than Bridlington...
There are electric Jetskis , wakefoils and wake boards... so plenty to choose from to deliver your ill gotten gains quietly...and green... if out the North Sea..
Always intrigues me why virtually none of these toys are built produced in UK. You, d have thought with all this free access to unlimited markets we could build something. But I can't think of anything we actually build. Jetskis windsurfers, ski, s, wake boards, sails, outboards, kite boards, foils,. A few dinghies perhaps... and luxury yachts... Can it get worse post Brexit..???
When you consider between them BMW and VAG own RR and Bentley(, and mini) things can't get worse. WTF were Vickers doing selling Rolls car division to Germans? Ridiculous.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This should provide a starting point

Just add wheels bottom bracket drive, battery and electronics we could have the thing on the market quicker than you can say
"Genuine Brompton E bike"
(And certainly quicker than you can lay your hands on one)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Ok,
so have have your great friends in Brussels sorted out all the infrastructure needed at the border then? They have the personnel ready and waiting......Yes??

Of course they won`t offload it all onto you poor Irish folk to sort out?

Or will they?!!
No they will give them a grant from the Divorce money NI stumps up of course.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
No they will give them a grant from the Divorce money NI stumps up of course.
they'll tell the ROI to spend the money and add the charge to the exit bill.
Do you know we agree to cover Michel Barnier's (and his team's) wages?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
And, remainers. Don't worry, your suffering will soon be over. Two knights in slightly tarnished armour , one more so than other, are as you read this laying foundations for a pact between Lib and Lab... None other than your champions Vince Cable and his Toniness are joining forces. Don't hold your breaths though... Vince had to be persuaded to even attend, and Tony can't stay away... What's the expression. Bob Hope and no hope. Wonder which is which.
If this were all in an episode of Yes Minister ,it would lose all credibility. Sort of like his Toniness.
And, I wonder if His Toniness has actually spoken to Corbyn about his plans. Very strange.

Reactions: tommie and Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
a pact between Lib and Lab... None other than your champions Vince Cable and his Toniness are joining forces.
I actually quite like the sound of a LibLab pact, especially if Tony Blair comes back to Labour politics.
During his reign (sorry, his PM ship), that's the only time schools spent more money with my firm.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I actually quite like the sound of a LibLab pact, especially if Tony Blair comes back to Labour politics.
During his reign (sorry, his PM ship), that's the only time schools spent more money with my firm.
I totally agree. I admitted before I, m a secret Blairite. Voted for him and thought he was great.... But a person does one stupid thing in their lives and it sticks with them forever. (we, ve all heard the sheep joke) Poor old Tony. Just took us to war with a pack of lies. Got thousands killed with repurcusions for decades. Why should that stop him championing Remain. I honestly think Tories pay him to represent remain. Its like the last pick at school choosing sides. "You have him" . No "You,he, s good in goal,"
(He, s actually sh! te in goal and can't play guitar)
Mind you, he, s even worse at peace keeping and won an award for it. So WTF do I know. Next PM I reckon.

Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You're easily led you are,
"Here's a photograph of a shilling and there's more where that came from"
Gritpype Thynne (The goons)

Reactions: oldtom and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I totally agree. I admitted before I, m a secret Blairite. Voted for him and thought he was great.... But a person does one stupid thing in their lives and it sticks with them forever. (we, ve all heard the sheep joke) Poor old Tony. Just took us to war with a pack of lies. Got thousands killed with repurcusions for decades. Why should that stop him championing Remain. I honestly think Tories pay him to represent remain. Its like the last pick at school choosing sides. "You have him" . No "You,he, s good in goal,"
(He, s actually sh! te in goal and can't play guitar)
Mind you, he, s even worse at peace keeping and won an award for it. So WTF do I know. Next PM I reckon.
Attila the Hun got a bad press too!

Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
When you consider between them BMW and VAG own RR and Bentley(, and mini) things can't get worse. WTF were Vickers doing selling Rolls car division to Germans? Ridiculous.
It's what we do. As soon as we invent or create something we start to make a choice between the following:

1) Make a mess of developing it so it fails.

2) Flog it to another country.

3) Abandon the idea, allowing someone else to pick it up free.

From jet engines to hovercraft it's always the same.

Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
These are what Woosh should use.
IMG_20180805_153915.jpg

I, ve got a pair and some of these.
Bringing stuff in from offshore might be a problem. Not good in chop. Even these are made in China.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

No A50 there would be no brexit and no negotiations about leaving and no crashing out.

Just what do you expect to happen when you tug the tiger's tail? (And that is probably unfair to the EU.)

Advertisers