Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From Twitter
"
Robert Peston‏Verified account @Peston

A shocked cabinet was today told no-deal Brexit may force government to own or operate lorry ferries, because freight through Dover and Channel Tunnel could fall 85% and we’d run out of vital goods, food and medicine

I have a cunning plan Sir! Declared Baldric
"How much "Stuff" could that big new Navy Boat carry? you know Sir,
HMS "Convenient Target" I think it's called.
Couldn't we borrow that? it ain't got no Airycraft 'as it?
'An it managed to get to Americee wivout breaking down 'an all :confused:

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
Not at all, amazing that people are mugs enough to throw money after the most unlikely people who make outrageous claims over their achievements ,for example
"
‘She didn’t design the car': Victoria Beckham attacked over her claim that she 'designed' a Range Rover 'for husband David' by the man who really DID create it
  • Land Rover boss accused Beckham of exaggerating her role in design
  • The £80,000 car featured matt paintwork and vintage-inspired leather seats
  • But Mrs Beckham has claimed she had a 'hands-on' role in the design
Imagine how much she made out of that fiction!
The woman is a phony as the Claims for Brexit:

What is amazing that so many people fell for them, too!
And still haven't seen the error of that decision.
This was a Daily Mail story, so it must be true.........pmsl

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This was a Daily Mail story, so it must be true.........pmsl
Your talent for not checking the facts has let you down as usual this appeared in many papers and online all over the place
And this is just a short sample.
Don't you tire of embarrassing yourself with these unchecked remarks? and then laugh about doing so?
Leave out the scornful remarks, you have nothing to be scornful about, have you?

Reactions: robdon

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
Your talent for not checking the facts has let you down as usual this appeared in many papers and online all over the place
And this is just a short sample.
Don't you tire of embarrassing yourself with these unchecked remarks? and then laugh about doing so?
Leave out the scornful remarks, you have nothing to be scornful about, have you?
The Daily Mail did the story on the 15th of July,From what I could see they broke the story and the others copied it. To be fair I haven't checked every Paper on the planet.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Daily Mail did the story on the 15th of July,From what I could see they broke the story and the others copied it. To be fair I haven't checked every Paper on the planet.
The story began before that, it was in fact reported at the time
And more recently
"Speaking at the launch of the car in 2012, Beckham said: “I’ve designed a car that I want to drive, a car I think [husband] David wants to drive.”
But, five years later, McGovern – who did design the Evoque – has told reporters that the star spoke out of turn while revealing the £79,995 limited edition SUV which featured rose gold highlights and a bespoke his-and-hers luggage set.
“She didn’t design the car,” said Land Rover’s chief designer at a publicity event last week. “I’ve forgotten more than that woman will ever know about designing – to be a car designer takes years.

“When we went to China to present it, she stood up in front of the world’s press and said, ‘When I designed this car…’ I said, ‘Victoria, that wasn’t on the script.’

“She said, ‘Oh, I didn’t realise what I was saying.’ “

The point I was making is that this isn't something you can criticise because it appeared in the Daily Mail.
It did in fact happen.
Rare though this may be for the Daily Mail, it isn't Fake news.

Reactions: robdon and oldtom

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
  • :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
July 15th 2018......This is why I was pmsl
They didn't have to in this case as it was syndicated news, but nice try [emoji41]
If you are going to make a joke a little context or warning would be appreciated, such as"after all you've said about the daily mail" .

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Pinching a point made by somebody else in a different form of social media, I'm just trying to get my head round the fact that all the 'Brexidiots' I have encountered are adamant that they knew what they were voting for in the 2016 referendum.

That being the case, it follows that they must have addressed all the following points and decided to ignore them:

44621091_1108681219301498_305528825087787008_n.jpg

Patriots to a man, they stood shoulder to shoulder with Farage, Johnson, Gove, Rees-Mogg, Robinson, Mair and the German-born, pink tory, Gisela Stewart who stood down at the 2017 GE. The only thing missing was the natty uniforms manufactured by the Hugo Boss factory.

Tom

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
latest polls:

In hindsight, do you think Britain was right or wrong to vote to leave the EU?

right: 41%
wrong: 47%
undecided: 12%

• Informative
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
_104012824_dqhy-r4w4aaxlli.jpg Aside from Saudi, thanks to our other great ally, the USA, we know we can sleep safely in our beds at night. This is recent news appearing on the BBC News web pages today:

uk-scotland-scotland-politics-45967845

It seems that Americans are never happier than when they are killing other mammals, usually unarmed if human and always in the case of bears, deer and even goats it seems now.

The wrong people won the Indian wars in America!

Tom

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
View attachment 27388 Aside from Saudi, thanks to our other great ally, the USA, we know we can sleep safely in our beds at night. This is recent news appearing on the BBC News web pages today:

uk-scotland-scotland-politics-45967845

It seems that Americans are never happier than when they are killing other mammals, usually unarmed if human and always in the case of bears, deer and even goats it seems now.

The wrong people won the Indian wars in America!

Tom
Skin it, gut it and eat it should be compulsory when hunting. It was back in the day...

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Skin it, gut it and eat it should be compulsory when hunting. It was back in the day...
Quit simply anyone coming here to kill animals for sport should be deported and banned from returning for life
And how did they lay hands on high powered rifles? That needs to be stopped.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'd like to know what is going through the heads of the undecideds.
It's just genuinely not knowing which way is best. Not having enough information or ability to judge the value of freedom to set up trade agreements outside the EU, versus the value of our current EU trading and how much of that would be lost, they are unable to reach a conclusion.

Lets face it, for all of us it's basically a best guess based on the shreds of information and historic knowledge that we have.

And of course confidence and courage come into decision making too. Some of us will take a gamble on belief while many just won't.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It's just genuinely not knowing which way is best. Not having enough information or ability to judge the value of freedom to set up trade agreements outside the EU, versus the value of our current EU trading and how much of that would be lost, they are unable to reach a conclusion.

Lets face it, for all of us it's basically a best guess based on the shreds of information and historic knowledge that we have.

And of course confidence and courage come into decision making too. Some of us will take a gamble on belief while many just won't.
I suspect that the personalities of the main protagonists play a big part too.
There are so many conflicting statements and so many little dramas being played out for public consumption that it is highly probable that contributes to the confusion.

Advertisers