Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I thought it was formed to keep trouble makers off the streets? :rolleyes:
No it has no aims or valid purpose. A golf club promotes golf, cycling club cycling etc., but Mensa cannot promote something people either have or haven't got.

All a bit pointless anyway, intelligence takes many forms, all of which cannot be assessed by a single test which is culturally biased anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: gray198 and robdon

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Sympathies, a choice of two practically useless things.
I refused Latin but they stuck me in French anyway, I got chucked out after a couple of years, not good enough to do school certificate they said. Look at me now, fully bi-lingual, wouldn't Miss Henaghen be proud!

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
No it has no aims or valid purpose. A golf club promotes golf, cycling club cycling etc., but Mensa cannot promote something people either have or haven't got.

All a bit pointless anyway, intelligence takes many forms, all of which cannot be assessed by a single test which is culturally biased anyway.
It does prove you can pass tests. Like I said I failed, didn't get 160 or over and that is the whole point isn't it?

Reactions: robdon

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I'm quite pleased to have triggered the trolls on the thread. the fact that it makes them display their limited vocabulary and intellect to the world is a bonus.
There is only one troll on here and that is you. Earlier today you were hurling insults around and making accusations that I was involved in dishonest business practices. I tried to engage you in debate and provided clear examples of how I operate. I even asked you to respond with alternatives which would be more acceptable to you. You have not done so, instead you now move on to attacking someone else.

You are a proven liar, you are a proven fool, you are dishonest and you deliberately cause disruption. From what others are saying, there even seems to be a strong suspicion that you are posting under a recently conceived name in order to conceal your original identity.

You are a thoroughly despicable man who has no grounds whatsoever for criticising other people's behaviour. I can put up with those who disagree with me, but when they resort to lies and dishonesty, that is a different matter entirely.

It would be better for all concerned if you left the thread. All you have to offer are lies and deceit. We can do without that and we can do without you.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I refused Latin but they stuck me in French anyway, I got chucked out after a couple of years, not good enough to do school certificate they said. Look at me now, fully bi-lingual, wouldn't Miss Henaghen be proud!
language skills are a bit overrated anyway.
Communication skills are on the other hand..

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
language skills are a bit overrated anyway.
Communication skills are on the other hand..
Can't have one without the other...

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It does prove you can pass tests. Like I said I failed, didn't get 160 or over and that is the whole point isn't it?
The only point I can see is that it makes some feel proud to have passed.

Which is rather stupid for a gift of birth.

• Agree

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
There is only one troll on here and that is you. Earlier today you were hurling insults around and making accusations that I was involved in dishonest business practices. I tried to engage you in debate and provided clear examples of how I operate. I even asked you to respond with alternatives which would be more acceptable to you. You have not done so, instead you now move on to attacking someone else.

You are a proven liar, you are a proven fool, you are dishonest and you deliberately cause disruption. From what others are saying, there even seems to be a strong suspicion that you are posting under a recently conceived name in order to conceal your original identity.

You are a thoroughly despicable man who has no grounds whatsoever for criticising other people's behaviour. I can put up with those who disagree with me, but when they resort to lies and dishonesty, that is a different matter entirely.

It would be better for all concerned if you left the thread. All you have to offer are lies and deceit. We can do without that and we can do without you.
good, good. display all that nasty ugly prejudice so we can see it. much better than hiding behind a leave vote and lengthy rationalisations about fictitious property deals.

D

Deleted member 128

good, good. display all that nasty ugly prejudice so we can see it. much better than hiding behind a leave vote and lengthy rationalisations about fictitious property deals.
As the signs in the zoos say, "Please don't feed the trolls" ;);)

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The thing that gets me about the situation at the moment is this:

When I voted I voted to leave. Which was very clear to me - it was to leave the customs union and the single market and to get out of the jurisdiction of the ECJ. That was basically it. That was what 'leave' meant. Take back control. Plain and simple. Every politician from every side said that's what it meant. Countless numbers of them said that's what it meant.

The closest 'deal' we have to that is leaving 'with no deal' (ie WTO terms).

And that is the ONE thing parliament seems set on blocking.

I swear there will be blood on the streets if they don't wake up and see what they are doing.

The sense of betrayal - the anger. These idiots have no f*****g clue.
Bet you loved today,hehe......looks like the Brexit nightmare is finally coming to an end....No Deal is now impossible and Art 50 will have to be extended even if May's deal goes through....Rees-Mogg is throwing his toys out of the pram,Fox is getting desperate that he wont have a job and May the robot keeps on with Plan A ++++++.
The markets can smell the coffee,just look how the £ jumped today.
One bit of Rees-Moggish which I didnt understand.....

Rees-Mogg says May should close parliament temporarily if necessary to stop bill blocking no deal
Q: If no deal is taken off the table, will you encourage MPs to back May’s deal?
Rees-Mogg says no deal cannot be taken off the table without the connivance of the government. He says if the Commons passes a no-deal bill, there are other mechanism available to the government. It could prorogue parliament, he says.
  • Rees-Mogg says government should if necessary prorogue parliament to stop Yvette Cooper’s bill to block a no-deal Brexit.
Proroguing is what happens to parliament at the end of a session. It is not the same as dissolving parliament (which is what happens before a general election), but it would involve closing parliament for a few days. Rees-Mogg is suggesting it because, if parliament did get prorogued, bills which were going through parliament but not yet on the statute book would automatically.

Never heard of Proroguing....sounds like something you would do with a red hot poker!!!!
Happy days......
KudosDave

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Maybe there is a movie called that...

Or maybe you meant Idiocracy?

Maybe you are the rule that proves the rule?

I’m not saying you’re an idiot in Ireland. I dare say you are looked upon as a fierce intellect.
Thank you for correcting the spelling. And no , I would be seen as mild.

• Agree

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
There is no nastiness Jonathan, I am only pointing out the truth. You have not responded to the points which I raised in answer to your, quite frankly, disgusting and false accusations.

You are a liar, you are dishonest and you have wished hardship and distress (today) on millions of people. Their only crime, being a Leave voter, and their reasons for voting leave are totally unknown to you. That is the definition of nasty, in fact it is cancerous. You are a demon.

So I will ask again, why have you not responded to my earlier reply to the allegations you made?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
It`s clear the real stumbling block lies south of the border, and you`d think after the UK helped bail them out with £billions they`d be more of a help than a hindrance - but no.

Varadkar deserves everything coming to him if there’s a no deal Brexit
If the UK leaves the European Union without a deal, the chief architects of that outcome will be Theresa May, Michel Barnier and Leo Varadkar. The Irish prime minister turned forty last week, and this inexperienced politician will probably deliver the most serious blow to his country’s economy for decades, well before he reaches his forty-first birthday.

In the aftermath of the government’s Draft Withdrawal Agreement defeat, the Financial Times reported that “Varadkar has made clear to Berlin and Paris that he would prefer no deal to a time-limited backstop.” His strategy is to “blame the Brits for the mess”, according to one of the newspaper’s sources, who was privy to these conversations.

In the short-term at least, this message is likely to be received sympathetically by Irish electors. However, the consolations of raging at ‘perfidious Albion’ are likely to wear thin quickly if living standards in Eire drop, thanks to the Dublin government’s brinkmanship.

Article here -> https://www.thearticle.com/varadkar-deserves-everything-coming-to-him-if-theres-a-no-deal-brexit/
A time limited backstop is a contradiction in terms.
Let me be very clear on this , if Leo were to backslide on this, all Irish public opinion would be against him. I have never seen any issue where there has been such unity in the RoI ..and that includes Unity.
This article you have quoted is still part of,what I would view, as a consistent bullying propaganda campaign orchestrated out of London,(the key slip is the word Eire.. ). Last week the ploy was to try and drive a wedge between Leo and Simon ,it did not work.. This one will not work either.
Meanwhile time is slipping by.

• Agree

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
There is no nastiness Jonathan, I am only pointing out the truth. You have not responded to the points which I raised in answer to your, quite frankly, disgusting and false accusations.

You are a liar, you are dishonest and you have wished hardship and distress (today) on millions of people. Their only crime, being a Leave voter, and their reasons for voting leave are totally unknown to you. That is the definition of nasty, in fact it is cancerous. You are a demon.

So I will ask again, why have you not responded to my earlier reply to the allegations you made?
I'm sure there's a catharsis somewhere in this ugly little post. But I've had enough tolerating a troll, so I'm afraid you're on my ignore list.

• Agree
Reactions: Wicky and robdon

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Tory Brexit supporters alarmed by the prospect of a delay have hinted they could be won over in the coming weeks – if Theresa May can produce a serious concession from Brussels on the Irish backstop.
The numbers may not be enough for May to win support for her deal, given continued opposition from a hardcore of Brexiters who also object to the £39bn financial settlement, those with personal grudges against the prime minister and Tory remainers hoping for a second referendum.

The EU are not stupid,they realise that the backstop is keeping May and the Brexiteers trapped in a corner....see how the Irish jumped quickly against any time scale on the backstop.
The longer the backstop is threatening the more likely the ERG will vote for the EU's deal ,sorry I meant May's deal !!!!! May's deal will not win enough votes,Yvette Coopers amendment will pass and that means Art50 will have to be extended,in which time we will come round to the idea of a second referendum.
No deal is no longer a threat to the EU,the amendments will stop it.
Must say that if I were a leaver I would think that May and the Rees-Mogg brigade have made a tactical mess of Brexit....looking back to the Gina Miller court cases and the Scottish ECJ court case ,Theresa May is not a winner ,is she ????
KudosDave

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Bet you loved today,hehe......looks like the Brexit nightmare is finally coming to an end....No Deal is now impossible and Art 50 will have to be extended even if May's deal goes through....Rees-Mogg is throwing his toys out of the pram,Fox is getting desperate that he wont have a job and May the robot keeps on with Plan A ++++++.
The markets can smell the coffee,just look how the £ jumped today.
One bit of Rees-Moggish which I didnt understand.....

Rees-Mogg says May should close parliament temporarily if necessary to stop bill blocking no deal
Q: If no deal is taken off the table, will you encourage MPs to back May’s deal?
Rees-Mogg says no deal cannot be taken off the table without the connivance of the government. He says if the Commons passes a no-deal bill, there are other mechanism available to the government. It could prorogue parliament, he says.
  • Rees-Mogg says government should if necessary prorogue parliament to stop Yvette Cooper’s bill to block a no-deal Brexit.
Proroguing is what happens to parliament at the end of a session. It is not the same as dissolving parliament (which is what happens before a general election), but it would involve closing parliament for a few days. Rees-Mogg is suggesting it because, if parliament did get prorogued, bills which were going through parliament but not yet on the statute book would automatically.

Never heard of Proroguing....sounds like something you would do with a red hot poker!!!!
Happy days......
KudosDave
Proroguing is a well established process for dealing with subsidiary parliaments. But I cannot believe it could happen to a supreme parliament. Were the Queen the absolute power, she could prorogure it.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I'm sure there's a catharsis somewhere in this ugly little post. But I've had enough tolerating a troll, so I'm afraid you're on my ignore list.
That's ok with me Jonathan. You have demonstrated quite clearly that in addition to being a liar and dishonest, you are a coward. You started a debate, I addressed you points truthfully and because I have shown you for what you are, you now do the cyber equivalent of running away.

You are not even honest enough to post under your true identity.

Advertisers