Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Ireland
The comment slipped out after a long, geeky conversation about Brexit’s potential impact on Ireland’s trade, employment, banking and consumer confidence. “You know, we’d almost forgotten how good it felt to stick it to the Brits.” The speaker shrugged and grinned. “Old habits.
This was not a grizzled Sinn Féin party activist in west Belfast, but a young business professional in a cafe near the Dublin headquarters of Facebook and Google – the heart of new, globalised Ireland. Yet here was an admission – a declaration – of schadenfreude echoing down from a centuries-old resentment at the colonial master who came and stayed for 800 years.
I hear it from officials, shopkeepers, academics, truckers, artists and students: the Irish government is right to insist on the backstop, and if that gives Britain’s ruling class an aneurysm, well, grab some popcorn and enjoy the spectacle.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/12/un-big-mess-how-rest-of-europe-views-brexit
All in all a very balanced article,. There is virtually unanimous consent behind a backstop,and if that does cause angst in Westminster so be it. The article I refer to by John Harris is more in-depth..

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
lulz @flecc loving the hating of the Brits.

I put it there for you and your mate.

Enjoy!
Confirming not only you can't read but you can quote out of context. Have you thought about a career writing for the tabloids?

• Agree

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Ah, Cearthar = City

so `City Centre`
.. It is actually a little bit better than when Dublin Bus some 20 years ago, put this mysterious sign on buses called AN LAR ..without any qualification.. and that was confusing. We are labouring the point but I thought it amusing that the Bus company would just put the bit of Irish on the bus going vis the Falls.

• Agree

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Rubbish! you grorified abuse of men women and children on a hugely increased scale for profit that took years of struggle to correct, and resulted in many thousands of miserable lives that ended in premature and painful death.
Your facts resulted in the fact of that suffering, but you refuse to accept that as it makes poor propaganda

Right wingers have no shame when it comes to distorting the realities of history. to suit their evil purposes.
Your version of the future is a return to the same to benefit the rich.

The shame is yours, but you are incapable of feeling it
Absolute poverty (defined I believe as less than $1.90 a day adjusted for inflation) has dropped to just below 10% worldwide compared to I think a little over 30% in the 80s. Those are the facts.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
This was his tweet about it:

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 15.54.14.png

As you can see - things have been getting WAY better for millions of people.

Sorry OG.

Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
And for your imagination, though there are a couple small ferries, entrance and exit from the docks they use precludes increasing the amount of traffic and there is the bankside mooring for one large enough ferry to matter.
I have honestly not touched the above quote. (well I removed the surrounding linguistic diarrhea)
Its random babble again OG. What are you doing. Its utter rubbish and sounds like the ravings of a mad person who has English as their 10th language.
I think you wrote it and went back through, deleted "of" and "which" a few times and then jumbled it up a bit just to spite me.
Can you translate it into English, presumably its Hull speak at moment.
They say we are judged by the level of combatant we chose to engage with, at current standards, I, m fecked.
Please up your game OG, I, m looking stupid arguing with you at moment.

Last edited:
  • Disagree

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I have honestly not touched the above quote. (well I removed the surrounding linguistic diarrhea)
Its random babble again OG. What are you doing. Its utter rubbish and sounds like the ravings of a mad person who has English as their 10th language.
I think you wrote it and went back through, deleted "of" and "which" a few times and then jumbled it up a bit just to spite me.
Can you translate it into English, presumably its Hull speak at moment.
They say we are judged by the level of combatant we chose to engage with, at current standards, I, m fecked.
Please up your game OG, I, m looking stupid arguing with you at moment.
He can only drag you down to his level.

It's depressing to see.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
This was his tweet about it:

View attachment 28958

As you can see - things have been getting WAY better for millions of people.

Sorry OG.
Problem is that is a load of bull and has been called out as bull by many economists since it was published. Bill Gates giving lessons on poverty? That is a bit rich (pardon the pun)...

Life has improved for the mega rich since Reagan and Thatcher. It has gotten worse for all those who had industrial jobs in the EU and the US since then.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Problem is that is a load of bull and has been called out as bull by many economists since it was published. Bill Gates giving lessons on poverty? That is a bit rich (pardon the pun)...

Life has improved for the mega rich since Reagan and Thatcher. It has gotten worse for all those who had industrial jobs in the EU and the US since then.

They are living longer. I'd say that was a plus.

N'est pas?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
  • Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012

Selfish attitude. Millions of Chinese are fantastically better off now.

• Disagree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Advertisers