Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
"Your little fascist revival".

And you wonder why you lost.

As for my 'right wing friends'. Are you referring to the 17.4m who voted to leave by any chance? Not sure they're all 'right wing'.

Whatever eh?

How's the weather in Hull this afternoon - the Surrey Hills are looking glorious. I'd go out on my bike but my hip is hurting like f*** today (hip replacement op due end of May) - so I will just have to sit here and take in the view.

No I don't wonder why we lost, and since that statement wasn't made before the referendum, only a complete idiot would attribute remain losing from something said years after the event, and you did.
"
As for my 'right wing friends'. Are you referring to the 17.4m who voted to leave by any chance? Not sure they're all 'right wing'.

Whatever eh?"

Your right wing friends are not the mass of people who voted for leave, but the idiot fringe that you support like the Adam Smith institute and the ERG
Another attempt by you to twist my statements that has failed
Whatever eh? as you say

I hope your hip replacement gives you relief from the pain by the way, it's an awful thing to suffer, good luck with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Yup. By over-turning Brexit the way Remainers are doing - they will only encourage a truly far-right response. When people are ignored they get angry - so they move to the extremes.

We've avoided the kind of far-right politics they have in just about every other EU nation - and now we're going to get it - because this is a natural consequence.
Of Brexit

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Ha. You still labour under the illusion that there are 'types' of Brexit.

Very funny.
Yes me and 500 million others in Europe. List all the attributes you expect from a full English Brexit ,ask your pals what they expect and if you do that often enough you will have a dog's dinner.. Then,and this is the really interesting part, what will you want for AFTERs . The world does not stop on 29 march or 12 April or whenever.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You really believe this?

I’m not sure if you have a god comeplex, so self unaware you barely exist unless you talk to yourself or just plain dumb.

You sound like that old codger who thought a million people daily were reading his pre dementia ramblings.

You really don’t get the internet do you? You don’t read people’s posts or if you do you forget them a minute later. Think about that. If you. As a self proposed influencer on this forum can’t be bothered to read and remember other people’s views what chance is there for anyone else? And we all know no one is cleverer than you.
This trope surfaces again, proving idiots never learn

"You sound like that old codger who thought a million people daily were reading his pre dementia ramblings."
That was a response made by a certain leave fan after I had made this remark

"I see the site has reached one million hits, clearly there are many people who read but don't post!"

This same leave idiot (guess who) further proposed that in fact there were 50 people who clicked on the site 300 times a day.

Working in the media appears to addle the brain to the point that it keeps regurgitating rubbish time after time.

• Agree

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012

No I don't wonder why we lost, and since that statement wasn't made before the referendum, only a complete idiot would attribute remain losing from something said years after the event, and you did.
"

Whatever eh?"

Your right wing friends are not the mass of people who voted for leave, but the idiot fringe that you support like the Adam Smith institute and the ERG
Another attempt by you to twist my statements that has failed
Whatever eh? as you say

I hope your hip replacement gives you relief from the pain by the way, it's an awful thing to suffer, good luck with it.
UG - you and I could argue about Brexit and politics forever (and will probably try) - but for a moment I'll take a break from that and say thanks for the good luck with my hip op. Good luck looking after your wife which I am sure she very much appreciates.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
UG - you and I could argue about Brexit and politics forever (and will probably try) - but for a moment I'll take a break from that and say thanks for the good luck with my hip op. Good luck looking after your wife which I am sure she very much appreciates.
I am pretty sure you'll be OK one of my old friends has had both done succesfully over a couple of years.
And thanks for your kind thoughts about my wife

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Yes me and 500 million others in Europe. List all the attributes you expect from a full English Brexit ,ask your pals what they expect and if you do that often enough you will have a dog's dinner.. Then,and this is the really interesting part, what will you want for AFTERs . The world does not stop on 29 march or 12 April or whenever.
I suppose you think if the flat earth society had 7b members that would prove them right.

But....

They'd still be wrong.

Reactions: Zlatan and Fingers

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Basically yes. Compared to a few other places I could name - yes it is. And I am so VERY thankful about that. The chances of the police being able to come to your door and lock you away for no reason for an indeterminate time - zero - the chances of property being taken from you by the state - for no reason - not here. You can say pretty much what you like. You can dress exactly how you like (so long as you wear something). What a great time to be alive. Really. And what a great country to be alive in. Yeah. I know. Not so popular a belief these days but whatever. We'll probably all be dead in 50 years so make the most of it.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
in the last vote, those who did not want any deal consist of 97 conservative MPs. Down from about 150-160.
The next battle is to stop one of them to become our next PM.
If the tories tried to make one of them PM, wouldn't it be necessary for the queen to agree? And if she perceived (possibly through advisors) that the HoC was substantially against that, could she not select any other MP to form a government? (Obviously, only the ones who appear to have a decent chance, of course, of forming a government.)

Last edited:
  • Agree

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Basically yes. Compared to a few other places I could name - yes it is. And I am so VERY thankful about that. The chances of the police being able to come to your door and lock you away for no reason for an indeterminate time - zero - the chances of property being taken from you by the state - for no reason - not here. You can say pretty much what you like. You can dress exactly how you like (so long as you wear something). What a great time to be alive. Really. And what a great country to be alive in. Yeah. I know. Not so popular a belief these days but whatever. We'll probably all be dead in 50 years so make the most of it.
OJ, in general I will agree with you,and that the UK is safe, and the rule of law operates. However at the margins there are worrying signs. The decision to prevent that ISIS bride,as referred to on this thread,a case in point. The ability to intern is still on the statute books.

• Agree

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
OJ, in general I will agree with you,and that the UK is safe, and the rule of law operates. However at the margins there are worrying signs. The decision to prevent that ISIS bride,as referred to on this thread,a case in point. The ability to intern is still on the statute books.
Yes. In the main I agree with that. And there are many dangerous signs. 'Hate' speech laws being the main one I can see.

But for now - unless you really want to cause trouble - things are pretty good.

I mean look at us here throwing insults left right and centre. Try doing that in Iran or Russia or China or a tonne of other places. Thank god we were born here huh? (or managed to get themselves a right to live here - which ends up being pretty much the same thing).

Advertisers