Brexit, for once some facts.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I have stated previously what Nigel Farage is full of. I think he will get lots of votes from shaven headed, goaty bearded, fat necked Brexit dads who still believe in his stories, but I doubt he will use the votes to achieve anything meaningful.
Who he gets votes from isn't important. It's how many votes he gets that counts. It's called democracy.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Who he gets votes from isn't important. It's how many votes he gets that counts. It's called democracy.
That is very true, but Farage’s track record indicates that when he is successful in attracting votes, he has nothing to offer in return. His election success translates into nothing tangible. It’s all vapourware.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I didn't know that we were leaving.
Usually something that eventually happens starts with a rumour, then further information appears, and finally the thing happens.

With Brexit it's the reverse.

It started with Brexit means Brexit, we are definitely leaving.

Then became we will probably be leaving.

Then became we may be leaving.

Then became we may remain.

And now with the further delays leaving the EU is reduced to the status of a rumour.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
vfr400 said:
The Europe project is finished.
Woosh said:
huh? because we British have left the EU?
I didn't know that we were leaving.
so why do you think that the EU is finished?
If it's not because we are leaving the institution, then what?
Sir Nigel's powerful presence at the European parliament or UKIP MEPs threatening more fist fights?

Reactions: robdon and flecc

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That is very true, but Farage’s track record indicates that when he is successful in attracting votes, he has nothing to offer in return. His election success translates into nothing tangible. It’s all vapourware.
Are you sure you're right? Maybe you don't understand him. There must be some reason for his massive following. His party went from zero to leading the polls in two weeks according to YouGov.. Has any other politician in our lifetime done that?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
vfr400 said:
The Europe project is finished.
Woosh said:
huh? because we British have left the EU?

so why do you think that the EU is finished?
If it's not because we are leaving the institution, then what?
The European elections will answer your question. The result is going to be embarrassing for a lot of people. There will be a massive rethink afterwards, and hopefully the project might take a new direction that Brexiteers will find acceptable, so we'll all be happy. If only the Brussels elite hadn't been so arrogant when David Cameron asked them to think again about what they were doing.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Are you sure you're right? Maybe you don't understand him. There must be some reason for his massive following. His party went from zero to leading the polls in two weeks according to YouGov.. Has any other politician in our lifetime done that?
he fishes for protest votes.
He promises no more than that he is not like the others that voters detest.
He could be at home in Brewster's Millions movie.
He has no manifesto, no program, no spoke persons on regular subjects like the economy, law and order, education, foreign affairs etc. Some may call him a British eccentricity.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I think you've been reading the Guardian too much. Either that or you've been believing what they write, in which case you might find this one better reading. Note the rather handy free mask.
Spcial origin issue.. Is that a typo or does it mean origin...
In full colour... That will be red then. Black and White and read all over??

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I can’t be certain. However, I think Farage has the knack of tuning into the things which irritate and frustrate ordinary people. He voices their feelings very clearly and empathises with them.

Take the thieving scum bag, Tory MP Chris Davies. Charged, convicted and sentenced for an offence rooted in theft from the public purse. In what other profession requiring public trust could you expect to keep your job? Imagine if a Police officer claimed overtime for shifts he hadn’t worked.

People are rightly angry at, and filled with loathing for our MPs. They want to fight back, send them a message, punch them, and so they see people like Nigel Farage as the means to do that. However, he is not the man for the job, he proved himself unfit three years ago. He doesn’t know how to deliver on the things he promises, and that is because it’s very unlikely that those things can be delivered at all, by anyone. He promises the impossible in a very plausible way and people buy into it.

Last edited:
  • Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I can’t be certain. However, I think Farage has the knack of tuning into the things which irritate and frustrate ordinary people. He voices their feelings very clearly and empathises with them.

Take the thieving scum bag, Tory MP Chris Davies. Charged, convicted and sentenced for an offence rooted in theft from the public purse. In what other profession requiring public trust could you expect to keep your job? Imagine if a Police officer claimed overtime for shifts he hadn’t worked.

People are rightly angry at, and filled with loathing for our MPs. They want to fight back, send them a message, punch them, and so they see people like Nigel Farage as the means to do that. However, he is not the man for the job, he proved himself unfit three years ago. He doesn’t know how to deliver on the things he promises, and that is because it’s very unlikely that those things can’t be delivered. He promises the impossible in a very plausible way.
He was like a dog chasing a car. Amazed he caught it, then when he does, thinks WTF now... and runs away, but was overtaken by BJ, Gove and Cameron.
50hz...I know you said you voted leave, you sure you crossed right place, do you have all your fingers?

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
He was like a dog chasing a car. Amazed he caught it, then when he does, thinks WTF now... and runs away, but was overtaken by BJ, Gove and Cameron.
50hz...I know you said you voted leave, you sure you crossed right place, do you have all your fingers?
:) I'm just looking at what is happening around me, how all of the prominent Leave campaigners are behaving, what they are doing, what their plans are, what's the vision for the future. Non of it exists, they can't deliver, they have no plan, no vision and no hope. Totally clueless. If they manage to gain any influence, they will make things worse, not better and things are already bad enough.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
..I think he will get lots of votes from shaven headed, goaty bearded, fat necked Brexit dads who still believe in his stories..
Your arrogance and lack of respect.... shame on you.

"I served in the Royal Marines for over 10 years. I'm proud to be British, I'm proud of our tolerance, our diversity, of our liberal democracy. But the MP's at Westminster right now, they're letting down the British public." - @jaglancy, veteran and Brexit Party candidate.

You just don't see it do you? So wrapped up in your insistence of being right.

Like I say - shame on you.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
:) I'm just looking at what is happening around me, how all of the prominent Leave campaigners are behaving, what they are doing, what their plans are, what's the vision for the future. Non of it exists, they can't deliver, they have no plan, no vision and no hope. Totally clueless. If they manage to gain any influence, they will make things worse, not better and things are already bad enough.
IYHO

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
I have stated previously what Nigel Farage is full of. I think he will get lots of votes from shaven headed, goaty bearded, fat necked Brexit dads who still believe in his stories, but I doubt he will use the votes to achieve anything meaningful.
It's that holier-than-thou condescending attitude that you just can not see. You assume everybody that will vote for Farage is beneath you. When you talk down to people like you are doing you eventually generate a violent response. And then you'll turn around and say 'what did I do?'

• Agree
Reactions: daveboy

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
What will be the specific benefits of leaving the EU? What is the plan to enable us to achieve those benefits, assuming that there are some?

You never answer these questions because you don't know the answer and you don't know the answer because there is no solution.

Advertisers