Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
it has been announced that they will be formally investigated by the Equality and Human Rights Commission.
This whole issue is bunkum. It stems almost entirely from Labour's disagreement with one aspect of the UN definition of anti semitism. Somehow the Zionists managed to get them to include criticism of Israel as being anti semitism.

I wholeheartedly share that disagreement, there is no way that Israel can claim anti semitism when criticised for their morally reprehensible actions against the Palestinians.

Labour's honourable reluctance to accept that part of the definition while accepting all the rest has resulted in attacks from some prominent members of the Jewish community who are picking on any slightest hint of anti semitism among Labour members.

And of course they find examples, anti semitism exists everywhere and in all parties, so finding Labour examples proves nothing other than how widespread that continues to be.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
If Labour want any chance of winning the next GE then I think they need to come off the fence regarding Brexit and adopt a remain and reform agenda. I don't usually agree with much of what Ash Sarkar has to say, but I thought most of this article made good sense.

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
You would have to be lucky to more accurate than a sten gun using one of these
On a good day with no wind you might hit an elephant at 50 yards
I've shot one and can hit a 6" steel plate most times out of ten at 54.6 yards(50m)
but I do shoot competitions most weekends. Wind doesn't really come into it at 50m with a 22lr round doing 1100ft per second(starts to move it a bit at 100m)

Reactions: Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So much for a BXP landslide!
The Brexiteers have lost the only argument they had left - seats. Northern Ireland just added two unambiguous remain seats bringing remain up to 29 and matching BXP! Tie on seats, victory on vote share!
Indeed,and I'm proud of the fact that in London we forced BXP into second place by our LibDem Remain supporting vote.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
I haven't checked the figures myself I am just going from what I have read but I think the right are far craftier than the left when it comes to winning elections. In the USA apparently HC had more people vote for her than Trump and yet Trump is president, that does not seem fair.

In the UK the Tories had about 2% more votes than Labour but ended up with 20% more MPs that does not seem fair either. Why is it that the system in both countries seems to favour the right when it comes to elections, I can't believe its just coincidence I think the right have structured it in that way because they are so crafty.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Oh dear, the £ is a freely tradeable currency, any country which chooses to use the £ does not require the backing of the BofE.
True, Mozambique could choose to use the £ if they wanted to, but without it having any connection to the English £ or BoE backing, it would have the same value as an independent Scottish £, which is zero.

There are no "English" military installations in Scotland.
And there will be no military installations in Scotland at all if it goes independent. There will be no money to fund a military and all the Scottish jobs associated with the current military will disappear when the plug is pulled and things move south.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Damn the BBC. They never fail to issue an unnecessary warning of flash photography before a news article, but NEVER warn the public that an article contains footage of a Scottish dwarf experiencing an episode of menstrual rage. This is precisely what has just happened when they screened the leader of the SNP.
OK 50Hertz, you've been unmasked.

You are Tillson.

Tillson last posted 31st December 2018, you joined under this new name 2nd January.

The expressions of hatred for Nicola Sturgeon are consistently identical.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In the UK the Tories had about 2% more votes than Labour but ended up with 20% more MPs that does not seem fair either. Why is it that the system in both countries seems to favour the right when it comes to elections, I can't believe its just coincidence I think the right have structured it in that way because they are so crafty.
Gerrymandering has been the Tory norm for many decades.

They did it very long ago when they enlarged the Labour voting GLC to include the Tory fringes of the surrounding counties. Using that was how Boris Johnson became London Mayor for a while before we chucked him out.

They did it in the London Borough of Westminster when they used council housing to load Tory voters into place. Council Leader Dame Shirley Porter was fined £80 millions for that (she was the heiress to the Tesco fortune) but stashed her money quickly into Israel (just like Robert Maxwell did with the Mirror pension fund) and eventually only paid £12.3 million.

These show the Tories are born crooks who will fiddle and swindle their way to success, doing whatever it takes.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Nev

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You post quite a lot of sense in some of your contributions but you seem to lose all reason where Nicola Sturgeon is concerned.

Would I be right in suspecting that there is a sexual element to your feelings about our FM which you are finding hard to control.
See this post.

Earlier I'd also remarked of Tillson's sexual element in this respect!

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Boris Johnson is to be summonsed to court to face accusations of misconduct in a public office, over claims he made that the UK sent the EU £350m a week.

Interesting.

• Informative
Reactions: Nev and oyster

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Would I be right in suspecting that there is a sexual element to your feelings about our FM which you are finding hard to control.
An interesting question. How does one convey sexual interest in a dwarf?

The phrase, I would like to shag a dwarf, is passable. Whereas the phrase, I would like to make love to a dwarf sounds plain wrong.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Boris Johnson is to be summonsed to court to face accusations of misconduct in a public office, over claims he made that the UK sent the EU £350m a week.
I can't see the action succeeding though. Rather like our 250 watt motors, the figure is nominal.

Our legally stated contribution to the EU is equal to £350 millions a week.

We do have a negotiated rebate, but that is time limited.

We do get EU grants, but again they have no permanence or guarantee of continuance.

So I think Johnson's claim, as wilfully dishonest as it was, is probably permissible political lattitude in law, since he didn't define when the benefit would arrive.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Interesting.
BBC quote:

Acting for Johnson, Adrian Darbishire QC, told the court last week that the application by Ball had been brought for political purposes and was a “political stunt”.

Bizarre to defend one political stunt by calling something else a political stunt. Rather draws attention to the stunt-hood of the 350m claim rather than deflecting.

• Agree
Reactions: 50Hertz and flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I haven't checked the figures myself I am just going from what I have read but I think the right are far craftier than the left when it comes to winning elections. In the USA apparently HC had more people vote for her than Trump and yet Trump is president, that does not seem fair.

Yes that is why multiseat constituencies with proportional representation gives a fairer result.. but has other limitations.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
True, Mozambique could choose to use the £ if they wanted to, but without it having any connection to the English £ or BoE backing, it would have the same value as an independent Scottish £, which is zero.
No that doesn't follow. Like those countries that use the US dollar, they can just keep their pound in step with the English pound's value. Fiscal policies do that and larger shifts if ever necessary are done by devaluation or revaluation. While a country follows that policy their currency is trusted.

And there will be no military installations in Scotland at all if it goes independent. There will be no money to fund a military and all the Scottish jobs associated with the current military will disappear when the plug is pulled and things move south.
There are large parts of that they want, the nuclear submarine base for example which they've long protested against. And like many countries they can rent us bases we want and that they also want or are content with. So I wouldn't see our military entirely disappear from Scotland.

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
No that doesn't follow. Like those countries that use the US dollar, they can just keep their pound in step with the English pound's value. Fiscal policies do that and larger shifts if ever necessary are done by devaluation or revaluation. While a country follows that policy their currency is trusted.

Would we stop printing their Scottish bank notes? We can't let them print their own pound notes can we? (I think we print them now)Just had a look on wicky, it looks like they print their own, so surely that would not be allowed to continue, Would they have to use English notes (that would go down well)

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
OK 50Hertz, you've been unmasked.

You are Tillson.

Tillson last posted 31st December 2018, you joined under this new name 2nd January.

The expressions of hatred for Nicola Sturgeon are consistently identical.
Dont think 50 has Tilson's style..VFR is an imposter, I though 50hz was 50cycles..which makes sense.. But who knows.

• Disagree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Dont think 50 has Tilson's style..VFR is an imposter, I though 50hz was 50cycles..which makes sense.. But who knows.
50Hertz isn't 50cycles, I know the two principals of that firm too well.

No, he's Tillson ok and that's why he hasn't denied it having obviously seen my posts. The style has been somewhat different but that difference has been gradually disappearing and the Nicola Sturgeon posts are pure Tillson. Also using the 50cycles synonym would appeal to Tillson's sense of humour, given he was once their customer and the later poor status of that company.

Tillson was a Leaver and 50Hertz said he was but has changed his mind. Add that to the change from Tillson departing on 31st December and 50Hertz joining the day after New Years Day and the set is complete, change of mind, change of online name, maybe New Year's resolution.

Of course it doesn't matter, he's welcome under any name, so long as he doesn't post Likes for himself, and most of our online names are not our real names.

Reactions: Zlatan

Advertisers